Is it illegal to fly a quad??

Status
Not open for further replies.
How you know I was a clown troll lol. [attachment=0]image.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 422
for what it's worth, I am an AMA member (mainly for the access to airplane fly areas and for the insurance) and if your a member you do have regulations in order to be insured. I have seen many folks taut these club rules as law / regulations but they are only for the club and within the club. AMA is a large entity but not a governing body.

the OP, even if a club member, would have been within the guidelines in what he was doing. if it all went as stated, he was being responsible while flying and even more responsible to ask the question of the thread afterwards.

the answer is NO, it is not illegal. traffic safety at this level is the responsibility of the drivers, not this aircraft pilot. he didn't search out and happen upon this area, it's outside his place of employment at a known safe spot. to the OP, great job! Have fun! ;)

spunrdneck - thank you for your helpful response, as well as all the other members that posted their advice (regardless how condescending, rude, helpful, or any combination of the above...)

Just so you all know, I consider myself a responsible individual... which was why I chose to fly my quad above condemned land across the street from my company - at any time during my flight if the quad were to fall from the sky, there would be 0% chance of it hitting any human or property. If I wanted to be a menace, endanger others, etc. I would be flying my quad in populated areas, with a laser or two strapped to it to incite panic. As it turned out, as soon as I noticed the stir it was causing last night, I loaded it into my car and went home.

With that said, I don't appreciate some of the rudeness displayed by some of you. I am reasonable, and if I did something wrong I'd be the first one to call myself on it, but I can't see what I could have done different. I had a question, and instead of shrugging and continuing flying at night in the same area I took it to the 'pros' here on the forum.
To all of those individuals, the "you're going to ruin it for the rest of us", just two words: grow. up.
This may come as a shock to you, but your hobby is the same hobby shared with many 8 year old kids - flying remote controlled aircraft - and not even high end custom built aircraft, but bought-off-the-shelf products, at a very reasonable cost. If you don't want kids ruining it for you, then here's a suggestion: don't pick the same hobby as most kids. Again, this has been a public service announcement for all of you that need to wake up and realize what the average age group of participants in this hobby is.

With that said, I thank all of you that gave me useful advice once again. It's much appreciated :)

The children who find it offensive are more than likely the ones that participated. And the truth hurts.

Believe it or not you're not the keeper of all that is holy with respects to flying quadcopters.

If you want a hobby that is less likely to be ruined by 8-12 year olds, then may I suggest you make a hobby of flying REAL planes, or perhaps racing sports cars, or something other than flying sub-$500 off-the-shelf products :)

I've dealt with trolls like you in the past. I can tell what I said really struck a nerve didn't it. LOL.

And OK Ricky Bobby :)

Admins - Please close this thread. At this point it's accomplished its purpose, and can serve as a reference for anyone searching for the same clarification as I was.

Thanks!

havasuphoto said:
Read, and learn; http://dronelawjournal.com/
If you don't know the Law-don't propagate Internet Myth..you don't do anyone any favors by posting something from an Advisory Circular, and stating it's "The Law".

To answer the OP question; no, you are not violating any laws. Go out wherever you want, and fly your quad, and have fun. A little common sense goes a long way.

IF, people were pulling off the highway or stopping.....cool. But, you may want to re-think where you fly, or, fly during daylight hours.
You're not breaking any laws, because None exist right now.
No, he isn't... but have you heard of the 'Public Nuisance' law. If a driver is craning his neck to see what the lights in the sky are and rear ends another vehicle don't be surprised if you find yourself in court. At least here in the US

spanktimonious said:
mysticalice said:
I can tell what I said really struck a nerve didn't it. LOL.

Wrong again princess. The only nerve you struck was my funny bone.

You're funny (even though you don't intend to be. Example- your insipid doubting thomas Ricky Bobby bit).

Keep on struggling!
Hey Spanky, Having never dealt with you I have read this thread with interest. And I have come to the conclusion that that you are a total Troll, and a total Jerk to book. So just from this one thread I find it necessary to add you to my FOE list right off the bat. Most people come here for information, not to be lectured by a sanctimonious twit. At the rate you are being put on foe lists there won't be anyone to read your drivel soon.

Gawd I hate it when discussion turns to name calling. Please grow up or get out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik