Is calibration always needed?

Question: When calibrating, the two screens come up - first the horizontal circle, then the vertical circle. After doing both, the screen is still up, and to close it the "cancel calibration" button needs to be pressed. Is that it? Is there a "successful calibration" screen that comes up, or do you end the procedure simply by hitting the "cancel" button?
If you successfully complete the calibration, the screen closes on its own. I just watch the lights on the P3 as I do the calibration. Once done successfully in the horizontal orientation, the screen switches. Once done successfully in the vertical orientation, the screen closes. No need to cancel unless something did not work correctly.

Reactions: JoBe
I get the strangest looks doing the calibration dance! An elderly couple walking the track today got in their car and left lol!
haha!!! I know its like telling the world.....I AM A NERD and HERE IS MY NERD DANCE.

Hey! If a guy in Korea can make a world sensation (deserved or not - :)), then I believe I can set a trend with the "calibration dance"! Now, I just need someone to video me while I lay a track down of some primitive "house" beat.

No need to calibrate every flight.. Only time I calibrate is if my new flying site is over a hundred miles from previous location. If I start noticing the craft j hooking or toilet bowling.
A hundred miles? I've been doing it at every location. Case in point. I fly outside my home and it flew fine. I want to a park 2 miles away and flew again and the thing started to go off on it's own. I was able to bring it down but it fought me. I calibrated again and no problems. Full GPS with something like 18 satellites when it happened. So wouldn't it just be wise to do this at every location?

A hundred miles? I've been doing it at every location. Case in point. I fly outside my home and it flew fine. I want to a park 2 miles away and flew again and the thing started to go off on it's own. I was able to bring it down but it fought me. I calibrated again and no problems. Full GPS with something like 18 satellites when it happened. So wouldn't it just be wise to do this at every location?
You can do it every time if you want. Personally I don't as then there is an increased chance something will go wrong. The calibration is done when the direction of magnetic North changes. This does not happen within a few miles.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic