!! UPDATE !! Is anyone else having multiple problems with the latest DJI GO 4 update ??

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Im having a few issues since the last DJI GO 4 update,
#1...Interference, flashing green screen, screen cycling.
#2...Wind warning, never saw this before
#3...High CPU usage, never saw this before
#4...IMU error, never saw this before
#5...Sync flight records fail, cannot sync flight records, never saw this before
I deleted the app and reinstalled, no help.
I check in settings ipad storage 6.2 GB used of 16 GB, CPU usage should be fine ??
Any ideas ??

Reactions: David Kraft
WHY WOULD ANYONE KEEP UPDATING anything from DJI? Don’t you all ever learn? This Chinese company cares nothing about their customers as evidenced by their so called Customer Service! That is why they don’t take complaints or criticism at all! With all the reported problems with DJI GO and it’s mandatory updates it’s a wonder anyone still flies with it. I switched to Litchi almost a year ago and have no problems plus no required updates!
Good luck
Jim
WA5TEF

WHY WOULD ANYONE KEEP UPDATING anything from DJI? Don’t you all ever learn? This Chinese company cares nothing about their customers as evidenced by their so called Customer Service! That is why they don’t take complaints or criticism at all! With all the reported problems with DJI GO and it’s mandatory updates it’s a wonder anyone still flies with it. I switched to Litchi almost a year ago and have no problems plus no required updates!
Good luck
Jim
WA5TEF
The updates aren’t mandatory.....so far!

Geo

Good luck
Jim
WA5TEF
Litchi works with p4 and is better/worse than dji go 4? My app won’t recognize my new iPhone 8

Litchi works better. PERIOD.
Except with the newest P4 with the attached screen. It has been blocked by DJI along with other better, third party apps. Shame! But have to remember, DJI does not care about their customer base at all
Jim
WA5TEF

I just purchased and downloaded Litchi,
Ill update this thread once I get a few flights in.

Hey guys,
Im having a few issues since the last DJI GO 4 update,
#1...Interference, flashing green screen, screen cycling.
#2...Wind warning, never saw this before
#3...High CPU usage, never saw this before
#4...IMU error, never saw this before
#5...Sync flight records fail, cannot sync flight records, never saw this before
I deleted the app and reinstalled, no help.
I check in settings ipad storage 6.2 GB used of 16 GB, CPU usage should be fine ??
Any ideas ??
Completely HATING DJI this week. IOS and android. Both are bombing out incompetently and unflyable. Litchi works though.

Funny how some have ISSUES with updates and others don't. P4P, did every update, every time, Go4 and Litchi seem to work fine? o_O

Yes. Mine has started going schizo when I simply take a picture of roofs. I am no more than 50 feet away, 30 foot high and it will take it 15 to 30 seconds to write the photo after shutter. Weird. Then today the app just closed all together. Reconnected and finished the mission, but I have like 9 more to do this week and don't like the weirdness.

Yes. Mine has started going schizo when I simply take a picture of roofs. I am no more than 50 feet away, 30 foot high and it will take it 15 to 30 seconds to write the photo after shutter. Weird. Then today the app just closed all together. Reconnected and finished the mission, but I have like 9 more to do this week and don't like the weirdness.
Have you tried Litchi?

In your camera settings, sounds like you have it set to HDR. That takes a while to process between pictures. HDR takes multiple pictures and then combines them for better quality. Change it to the first setting which is single shot. That should be fairly quick.

Reactions: Robert Osborn
Dji will stick it up your @55 everytime. They are a big corporation. The profits out weigh the complaints so in their eys they are doing great. Covering warranty issues reduces profit margin, so lets teach our employees how to get out of honoring the warranty.

I accidentally left my update switch on for the DJI Go app on my iPad mini, there was no turning back from that point. I had one short successful flight after that. On the next flight the drone disconnected contact from the controller. It never RTH and I have no idea where it is. I had folks look at the log file and nothing glaring pops out.

This was the straw that broke the camels back. No more DJI for me. I'll wait until a lower cost, more reliable drone is available. If not, I'm done with droning. It is too expensive of a hobby to have this kind of crap to worry about.

I bought my P4 and everything in it. I re wrote the firmware parameters to my liking, blocked the dji servers from the app, now I have a drone that I own. I can fly as high and wherever i want and as fast as i want without Dji telling me i cant. Just because i can!
It must be great to be free. Glad you can do it. Happy flying.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl