iRec / SHOU Now Available! (screen recording for iPhone and

Re: iRec Now Available! (screen recording for iPhone and iPa

LuvMyTJ said:
JeffB said:
Wow! This is exactly what I have been looking for!!! Just tested it on my iPhone 5S. Works great - with sound too. Exporting to camera roll worked fine too. Pretty amazing!!!
Is yours jailbroken? Mine is so I cannot comment, but I find it interesting that they are able to inject an app without going through the app store on a non-rooted iPhone.

No, my 5S is NOT Jailbroken. It has the latest IOS 7. My only issue now is space - I have none available :oops: NEED iPhone 6L with 128 GB!! But I would imagine that iRec would no longer work in ios8. Let's hope...

On my Iphone 4s, i got the data on the screen but not the video live
on the ground station screen evreything appear

anyone else got not video feed on iphone 4s ?

This is a great, but buggy, app that I'd love to use, and the price is certainly right!

That said, am I the only one concerned about the fact that one has to bypass the iTunes Store and use some type of "hack" to load it on your iDevice? I'm too cautious to load it on my iDevices without the "blessing" of Apple. Who knows what type of "virus" might be lurking in the code. At some point could the app's code "brick" your iDevice?

I think there would be a good market for the app, and I don't think it is very expensive to run it through Apple to get it into the iTunes store.

Until then, I'll decline using iRec.

Just a heads up folks.. I'm running the beta of 8.0 on my iphone 5s, and it seems to be working just fine.

Totof1965 said:

Have you enabled Assistive Touch?

Geert said:
Mac_Guy said:
This is a great, but buggy, app that I'd love to use, and the price is certainly right!

That said, am I the only one concerned about the fact that one has to bypass the iTunes Store and use some type of "hack" to load it on your iDevice? I'm too cautious to load it on my iDevices without the "blessing" of Apple. Who knows what type of "virus" might be lurking in the code. At some point could the app's code "brick" your iDevice?

I think there would be a good market for the app, and I don't think it is very expensive to run it through Apple to get it into the iTunes store.

Until then, I'll decline using iRec.

Good point.
The fact that it can not be downloaded from iTunes is a sign on the wall.
There is a certain risk and a possibility that there is dangerous code inside this app.
It is not a beta version anymore, this app is released.

Geert./.

It can't be run through the apple store because apple will never approve an app with that much access to your entire phone. You could submit it all day long. Apple will just reject it. They want each app to just run in its own little sandbox.

jarrah31 said:
I couldn't find it mentioned on this forum, so just wanted to let you iPhone / iPad users know that iRec is now available!

iRec is a free screen recording app for non-jailbroken iPhones and iPads that lets you capture the DJI Phantom App details while on a flight (or of course record anything else you want on an iDevice).

I've been monitoring its progress on the developers twitter account for the past month or so and it was just released a couple of days ago. I tested it yesterday evening and can confirm it works a treat!

It's not available on Apple's App Store, you have to visit http://www.emu4ios.net and install their app, then click the icon on the phone and install iRec.

One thing to note is you need to enable Assistive Touch so that the live video feed can be recorded, otherwise the video is just black (Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> Assistive Touch -> Enable). It's the same for all games that use OpenGL too. The downside is that a small icon appears on top of the screen that you can't get rid of, but you can move it into a corner and it's not too bad (see bottom right in the pic below). Another thing is you need to change Video Orientation to Landscape if you wish so that it can record the DJI app in the correct orientation (Settings -> the scroll down till you find iRec)

As a result of this excellent app, I can now overlay the screen recording onto the main recorded video as seen in the example below.

I also plan to record each flight just in case something goes wrong - this I think is the best use for iRec! If flight is ok then the recordings are easy to delete.

Could you tell me How to overlay the recorded video like that please mate
Cheers

jarrah31 said:
Totof1965 said:

Have you enabled Assistive Touch?

Oups, no, I have not read enought, thanks

Hi

I am not able to get the video. I can get the data, but the video doesn't show up
I have an iPhone 5s iOS 7

Any other thoughts

thanks

To be honest I'm struggling to make it record the video stream despite enabling assistive touch. Rebooting the phone doesn't help either.

Ah well, i'll just ensure I install updates when available.

anyone get this video to save to the camera roll on the iPad yet?

Does anyone know how to delete the named recordings in the program? Thanks!

Geert said:
srandall25 said:
anyone get this video to save to the camera roll on the iPad yet?

No, I tried with the iPad mini. Can not save to the camera roll.

:(

Geert./.
****, all that risk with an unapproved Apple app and no reward!!! lol

hmm... Anyway to grab the video via iTunes without it being on the camera roll?

Avanti1963 said:
Does anyone know how to delete the named recordings in the program? Thanks!

Just swipe to the left and you will see a red "DELETE" button...

Geert said:
I use the Reflector app now, it is a bit more work to set up but it works great.

The Reflector app is on my Macbook. I connect my Macbook in the field with the PhantomXXXXXX wifi from the repeater.
So my iPad mini which I use for FPV and my Macbook are connected to the same wifi.
I open Reflector on my Macbook and then I can op the AirPlay on my iPad mini. Everything what is happening on my iPad mini shows on the Macbook too. Just push the "record" button , that is all. The video is saved on my Macbook.

Geert./.

Great idea. Were can we find the reflector app?

So you have to carry a Mac book with you to the field to do this ?

GOT IT TO WORK!! Thanks for starting this thread. I have been looking for something like this to work on my iPhone. I have iOS 7.1.2 and I was experiencing some of the problems others mentioned (controls but no video).

Apparently the Assistive Touch being active is what allows the video stream to be saved. If you are getting controls with no camera video, then try this:

1) Start up and initialize the Phantom system as you normally would (including the DJI app) and make sure you have video feed.

2) Enable Assistive Touch through your Settings --> General --> Accessibility --> Assistive Touch menus.

3) Open iRec App and start a new recording.

4) Return to DJI App video stream. Press on the Assistive Touch icon to activate it, then press anywhere off the Assistive Touch to minimize it back to an icon. Now active, your video should be recorded by iRec.

That's what worked for me. I have two test videos that show how it didn't work and then did work. I could upload them to YouTube if anyone needs/wants to see them.

Geert said:
kxkraze said:
GOT IT TO WORK!! Thanks for starting this thread. I have been looking for something like this to work on my iPhone. I have iOS 7.1.2 and I was experiencing some of the problems others mentioned (controls but no video).

Apparently the Assistive Touch being active is what allows the video stream to be saved. If you are getting controls with no camera video, then try this:

1) Start up and initialize the Phantom system as you normally would (including the DJI app) and make sure you have video feed.

2) Enable Assistive Touch through your Settings --> General --> Accessibility --> Assistive Touch menus.

3) Open iRec App and start a new recording.

4) Return to DJI App video stream. Press on the Assistive Touch icon to activate it, then press anywhere off the Assistive Touch to minimize it back to an icon. Now active, your video should be recorded by iRec.

That's what worked for me. I have two test videos that show how it didn't work and then did work. I could upload them to YouTube if anyone needs/wants to see them.

Thanks for the tips, but recording was not the problem, at least not for me. Even not without enabling the Assistive Touch.
The problem is after recording the video to save the video to the camera roll. That works with the iPhone but not with the iPad .

:)

Geert./.

I tried using the reflector in the field yesterday but I have an old (5 year old) laptop that runs slow and took to long to connect so I gave up. I will try it irec again and see if I can get it to work/save to camera roll.
I also did the foil mod on my gps wiring today to see if it will help with my satalites

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl