Ipad ??

They all connect to a mobile device via Bluetooth.

I use an iPad Mini 4 with Wi-Fi only. But I will hook the Wi-Fi up to my cell phone using it as a hot spot. Never had any problems this way.

I just got a Ipad mini 4 with cell for my birthday.I have not try it yet
and its snowing right now. Maybe when it stops snowing I can get
some good shots,

Went out today with my new ipad4 everything worked great. I got some
good videos of the snow.

You'll need a cellular model for sure then (no need to activate the cell service if you don't want to). The CrystalSky also has a built-in GPS receiver.
So no need to activate the cell service, really? (just a question I am not trying to be condescending in any way)...thanks

So no need to activate the cell service, really? (just a question I am not trying to be condescending in any way)...thanks

The cell version has a GPS.. The GPS doesn’t require cell service.

The non-cell version of iPad does not have GPS.

Not certain, but guess it has to do with the internal component. The GPS chip is probably integrated into same component as the cellular chip...

Reactions: Crowe99
So no need to activate the cell service, really?
That's correct. There's no need to activate the cellular service if you only want to use the features that require a GPS receiver on the mobile device.

Reactions: Crowe99
I bought an Ipad (2017) without gps. I bought a blue tooth gps to link to it and it works great. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006M49G80/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
For $12 more you could have bought an iPad with cellular that has GPS built in. You don't have to connect a cellular equipped iPad to a monthly cellular plan just to use the built in GPS, but the option is there if later you decide to pay the $10/mo for the cell connection on your existing data plan for real time map downloading.

And you'll likely pay more if you buy a cellular iPad without a cellular plan.

Reactions: ravedog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic