Ipad. Wifi or LTE

Reaction score
Sorry but I wasn't sure where to put this. From what I understand the drone will always RTH based off it's ok GPS and satellites. If I'm a casual hobby flyer than a WIFI iPad mini 4 should be just fine right? No need for the mini 4 or mini 5 LTE?

Sorry but I wasn't sure where to put this. From what I understand the drone will always RTH based off it's ok GPS and satellites. If I'm a casual hobby flyer than a WIFI iPad mini 4 should be just fine right? No need for the mini 4 or mini 5 LTE?
Apple confuse people by only providing GPS in cellular capable iPads.
It's not much of a worry anyway because the Phantom has its own GPS receiver that it uses for all flight functions.
There are only two flight features that can use GPS in your phone of tablet.
Neither is used much by most flyers and there are alternatives you could use anyway if it was important .

Those two flight functions are Follow-me flight and resetting the homepoint to the current location of the controller (used sometimes if you were flying from a moving boat or car).

Reactions: 3rdof5
If I'm a casual hobby flyer than a WIFI iPad mini 4 should be just fine right?
A Wi-Fi only iPad Mini will be fine if you're never going to use the two flight functions mentioned by @Meta4 above. Neither of them are required to fly the Phantom and many people are likely never using either function.

Reactions: 3rdof5

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic