Ipad mount upgrade

Reaction score
Hi,

I have my third Phantom coming this week, I hope. Have been reading all the P3 info here I can to get up to speed.
I have an Ipad 2air that I plan to use but have read that its best to use the I1 mount as its much studier.
Can I use the P3 holder portion and just switch to the metal mounting or are they different. I had thought I had seen a post for just getting the metal mount but can't seem to find it again.

Thanks,
Tom

Reaction score
The holder and mount that is metal comes complete for 30 buck shipped on ebay. It is superior to the plastic one

Last edited:

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Website
PhantomHelp.com
You can also find it on Amazon here.

This is definitely a good idea for larger tablets. People say the Inspire tablet holder is rock steady. Here's a comparison:

Last edited:
Reaction score
I might consider this. I use an iPad air and honestly I don't feel it's very stable.

Reaction score
just ordered one. cant wait my ipad mini 2 with an otter box feels a bit sloppy hope this helps

Reaction score
that amazon link just went from 38$ free shipping to $48 free shipping.
saved $10 by ordering fast. lol

Last edited:
Reaction score
I added some blue thread lock to both the screw/post that goes into the controller and the small screw that fits sideways. My main screw with the knurled surface was always coming loose.
Good tip, I'm having exactly the same issue - almost thought there was a washer or something missing

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Capt. Guts