iPad Mini Holder Help

Reaction score
I want to mount my iPad Mini 2. I've looked at Amazon for mounts to my remote and frankly I'm tired of researching. Somebody please tell me what works and doesn't require me drilling into my remote. I have a P3S. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

You can find a few nice mounting options in this thread.

I want to mount my iPad Mini 2. I've looked at Amazon for mounts to my remote and frankly I'm tired of researching. Somebody please tell me what works and doesn't require me drilling into my remote. I have a P3S. Thanks

Try this from HeliDirect. I can't post a link, but the item is 'AF Phantom 3 Standard Mobile Device Holder 1- silver.

Part # H698123

I use it on my non-DBS controller that is NOT drilled for an inspire 1 mount. You may need an extender for the stock device holder to fit the Mini2, not sure, but there are many styles out there.

The mount fits surprisingly tight on the stock R/C. Hope this helps.

Thanks, folks. The one msinger recommended has apparently caught on as Amazon recommends buying both those parts together!

Recommend the one from msinger. I bought the mount from Heliguy,but couldn't get the threaded part anywhere.

It arrived in U.K. From the states in 5 days

The bracket is rock solid and the tutorial is amazing.

I bought the inspire mount, hasn't arrived yet. I don't mind drilling a hole into the RC. It's not like I'm ever going to be replacing it with the original again

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Definately within the next couple weeks I'll have one on order I'd say. And from what I hear, the DBS is the way to go, as you said.
I'm getting around 600m now, do you think it would get me to 1500m?

Definately within the next couple weeks I'll have one on order I'd say. And from what I hear, the DBS is the way to go, as you said.
I'm getting around 600m now, do you think it would get me to 1500m?

Easily 1500m with the DBS. Unobstructed at 300' to 400' altitude I get just under 3 miles. I could get more as many do, but I watch battery power closely out that far........'cause I want to get back without increasing the 'pucker-factor' to critical levels! [emoji12]

Yeah, it's fun. But I stay VLOS most of the time......but now and then go exploring. But going out that far, altitude means everything. If the video starts to drop out or flutter, I give it more height and 'try' to maintain a good angle from R/C to drone. Signal strength as usual can be seen on the GoApp screen. Not familiar with Litchi, but should be similar I suppose. Good luck convincing the better half on a new 'option'......[emoji106]

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic