Ipad mini displays

I use an iPad mini 4 and have absolutely NO TROUBLE with video lag at all.

Perhaps you have some apps running n the background that needs to be turned off?

Bud

Hey guys, I'm looking to get an Ipad mini for my P4P and was wondering will all minis work? Meaning 1,2,3 and 4th gens wifi ? Is there anything I'll be missing if I go with an older model as far as software or quality? I have a 4th gen Ipad wifi but apparently that doesn't work with DJI Go. Anyone know why my iPad wont work?

I guess I'd like to know which ones are best, CrystalSkies it just to big of an investment for me.

Thanks

Reactions: MaxHam
I use an iPad mini 4 and have absolutely NO TROUBLE with video lag at all.

Perhaps you have some apps running n the background that needs to be turned off?

Bud

Thanks, Bud. That gives me some hope.
I use it only for flying and only have a few apps like Airdata, Windy etc.
I followed some advice in forums about what to turn off to achieve better results. Didn't get better.

I'm gonna reset it and will start from scratch.
One thing: I have the Mini 4 LTE, not WiFi.
I like to get a map view without having to tether through another device.

Would the LTE and 'WiFi only' be any different?

I'm sorry my friend, but I don't know enough about them to answer that question. Perhaps another member can help.

Good luck with it all though.

Bud

I followed some advice in forums about what to turn off to achieve better results. Didn't get better.

is your mini up to date with all the firmware ? if not do it . the only time mine gave me a problem is when i hadn't up-dated it S/B 11.2.6

Hi Max;

Yes, thank you, it is up to date with the latest operating system from Apple.

I've also heard that same thing from others that have had some difficulty with the DJI Go4 App due to being behind in the iPad operating system.

Thanks for mentioning that.

Bud

is your mini up to date with all the firmware ? if not do it . the only time mine gave me a problem is when i hadn't up-dated it S/B 11.2.6

Hi Max;

Yes, thank you, it is up to date with the latest operating system from Apple.

I've also heard that same thing from others that have had some difficulty with the DJI Go4 App due to being behind in the iPad operating system.

Thanks for mentioning that.

Bud
Yes, iOS 11.0 and a few of its successors were problematic for GO 4, 2which has since been fixed, in the latest updates to iOS 11. If your Mini 4 comes on iOS 10, leave it alone, as it will run faster!

Hey Max;

My iPad mini 4 is already on 11.2.5 but everything works just fine.

Bud

Yes, iOS 11.0 and a few of its successors were problematic for GO 4, 2which has since been fixed, in the latest updates to iOS 11. If your Mini 4 comes on iOS 10, leave it alone, as it will run faster!

hi all been reading a lot on this forum and there is a lot of great info. I just got a new P4P and looking for an Ipad now. I have an old galaxy 2, it works but looking for something smaller. I've been looking at the iPad mini 4. I know you can use wifi or cellular. My question is what are most people using with the mini 4 just WiFi or do you have WiFi+ cellular. on them. I know the WiFi one does not have GPS, I don't know if i would need it., it seem like you only need GPS if you are going to do follow me. i like to hear pros and cons with WiFi and cellular that you have found. Thanks

I know the WiFi one does not have GPS, I don't know if i would need it
You only need GPS on your mobile device if you want to use the Follow Me flight mode or be able to reset the home point to your current location after taking off. If you don't need to use those features, then you don't need a mobile device with GPS.

Hey guys, I'm looking to get an Ipad mini for my P4P and was wondering will all minis work? Meaning 1,2,3 and 4th gens wifi ? Is there anything I'll be missing if I go with an older model as far as software or quality? I have a 4th gen Ipad wifi but apparently that doesn't work with DJI Go. Anyone know why my iPad wont work?

I guess I'd like to know which ones are best, CrystalSkies it just to big of an investment for me.

Thanks

Not exactly the answer that you're looking for, but.... I fly mine with an iPad Pro, and love it. No issues, extremely professional. Hope this helps.

I picked up an iPad air 2 for $80 locally. So far so good! Haven't had a chance to fly it in bright sunlight yet, weather and time have not been on my side lately.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures