iPad Mini 1 Ok for DJI Go?

Reaction score
Getting my new P3 advanced in a couple of Days, Just wondering if The iPad Mini 1 Is ok to run the DJI Go app properly?

The iPad Mini 1 is too slow to run DJI GO. You can use any of the Apple devices on this list.

Reactions: PHANTOMUSER
I have the old iPad mini 1 A1432 (got it bundled with Canon 6D DSLR) and it does not have enough power for the Phantom apps.

DJI GO doesn't update the screen properly so I have to 80% guess where the camera is pointing at. In Litchi I can get decent camera view by setting the "Preview Quality" to 4Mbps or in DJI GO the "Image Transmissions Settings > Custom" while the iPad is set to U.S. location. And even in Litchi the camera update soon lags severely and adjusting the gimbal might have 2 minute lag (I noticed that if I quit, force-quit and re-launch Litchi, I get a realish-time camera again).

I got iPad Pro 9.7" and it works perfectly. I considered also iPad mini 4 and iPad Air 2 but I hope the more expensive model will last a few years more.

Hi I use the iPad Mini (v1 model A1432) and Phantom3 Advance just fine, and on the latest app 3.1.2 no lag , no green pixels, so it should be ok - but you do need to have the (hardware decode option turned on in the app)! The small text on the rear of the iPad will tell you which model you have.

I tried the iPad Mini1 (16gb) and it appeared insufficient for the task. I still had the app installed so I could sync the flight logs and review them on the larger screen. Maybe disabling the cache in the DJI Go app would help reduce amount of CPU usage - but not sure. This might be worth trying.

So, I simply used my iPhone 6s instead as it worked flawlessly. I recently purchased an iPad Mini4 (64gb) discounted for $180 and have been using it since Sunday - I love the spacious screen.

I have my P3P setup for 2.7k video to SD simply to conserve file space and my laptop deals with the 2.7k playback better as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4