iPad Ground Station

No that doesn't work, but I can see the vision on my google maps and the radar and distance , altitude works

smatty2023 said:
Ok so how will it work with the vision, are we going to be able to set waypoints?. I'm assuming if it's through the app then we can also use the ipad the same as the work station.

The press information that came out back in late Nov or Dec showed an iPhone looking app, not an iPad app for the P2V.

This should also mean the converse--that the iPad will NOT work with the Vision, nor will the PC GS as they both use the 2.4G datalink. The WiFi connection on the Vision should (in most any guess or scenario) be the comms to the P2V for a waypoint looking app they showed on an iPhone.

I have the P2V also and am looking forward to the very likely simplified version of this app over the iPad GS. As I cannot make the GS app on the my iPad work with my P2 yet, I am struggling through the clunky interface (though I would bet some with experience out there might argue much more feature and telemetry rich functionality)

For now it is the PC GS for me and my P2's until the app store releases the updated GS iPad app. What tells me it still wont work though?

Pleeze, pleeze, pleeeeze folks lets not start stir up the dust & confusion on this again:

Phantom 2 non-Vision: Requires hardware
Phantom 2 Vision: Requires firmware update v2.0 or later + app for your iDevice (to be released this week?)

For those of you who want the nuts & volts explanation go back a few pages to my previous post (referring to yet another thread) and catch the last paragraph in particular:
http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9227&start=40#p90044
http://phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10115&start=10#p87128

And no worries, I know DJI has not exactly been helpful at making these distinctions clear, but that won't matter any more in a few more days.

iDrone :D

TXhillcountryphantom said:
smatty2023 said:
Ok so how will it work with the vision, are we going to be able to set waypoints?. I'm assuming if it's through the app then we can also use the ipad the same as the work station.

The press information that came out back in late Nov or Dec showed an iPhone looking app, not an iPad app for the P2V.

This should also mean the converse--that the iPad will NOT work with the Vision, nor will the PC GS as they both use the 2.4G datalink. The WiFi connection on the Vision should (in most any guess or scenario) be the comms to the P2V for a waypoint looking app they showed on an iPhone.

I have the P2V also and am looking forward to the very likely simplified version of this app over the iPad GS. As I cannot make the GS app on the my iPad work with my P2 yet, I am struggling through the clunky interface (though I would bet some with experience out there might argue much more feature and telemetry rich functionality)

For now it is the PC GS for me and my P2's until the app store releases the updated GS iPad app. What tells me it still wont work though?

Off topic (I can't message yet) but small world bro I am from Fredika too. Old as dirt though class of 90'.
Jimmy

Pull_Up said:
(iDevice or Android device) ;)
I never realized how biased that looks ("iDevices) until you mentioned it. I did mean both Apple & Android tho! I always think folks will get confused when we just say "device" making them think they need to buy some extra "device" to make something work.

Remember our recent "rotors" vrs "propellers" discussion?
http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8622&p=72069

iDrone :lol:

Thanks for the clarification, you just saved be a few $$$$, I will wait for the P2V app update.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hardluck2go said:
The iPad update is out! Have not tried it but just wanted to let you all know.
The GroundStation app for iPad works with aircraft equipped with DJI's Datalink & BTU hardware modules. This morning's update adds support for Phantom 2 non-vision's equipped with the modules. Vision is not supported.

I anticipate our DJI Vision app will soon be receiving upgrades to include GroundStation features which will be controlled thru our existing 2.4GHz wifi link (device, extender, Vision) which has until now been used to control the camera & receive FPV & telemetry.

iDrone ;)

DJI's Facebook has a recent Q&A posted (5 hours ago) that says the app update for the Vision is 4 - 6 weeks out.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20