iPad Ground Station

Ah ok I see on Facebook they have announced it is tried and tested with a release in two weeks time. So will it be extra hardware or are they going to tweak existing, do you know?.

No probs, I'm just concerned that someone in DJI PR has slipped up and in a question response on FB said "P2 and Vision..." - if people take that as gospel there'll be loads of very pee'd off people buying Bluetooth Units and finding no CAN bus on their Vision to put it into, with a free update coming to give the functionality anyway. I've asked a DJI Support Rep to get confirmation from China about this.

The Vision will have the advantage of being able to support iDevices and Android, too - standard Ground Station is only available on iPad if you want to run it on a portable device...

Ok so how will it work with the vision, are we going to be able to set waypoints?. I'm assuming if it's through the app then we can also use the ipad the same as the work station.

Ok no probs I'll sit tight and wait for the release, can't be any longer than waiting for my rotorpixel shipment notification. :shock:

smatty2023 said:
Ok so how will it work with the vision, are we going to be able to set waypoints?. I'm assuming if it's through the app then we can also use the ipad the same as the work station.
Vision is DJI's first quad w/camera and bidirectional data & control link over IP as well as a dedicated control link over radio. The radio gives us 1:1 real time control & response. The IP link has variable latency which can be as good as a few tenths of a second to several seconds depending upon QOS and the number of requests to resend lost packets. When programming waypoints on your iDevice before takeoff (or changing & updating them during flight) latency isn't an issue.

Whether or not we'll be permitted to interrupt GS to "takeover" flight control by radio is as yet unconfirmed, although my guess would be this will be implemented to facilitate pilot control for reasons of safety & landing control.

Have a look here: http://phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8003&p=76629#p76629

iDrone

That's great iDrone thanks I'll take a look. So am I right in thinking this isn't available yet for P2V

Yesterday DJI tweeted that the GS was still undergoing compliance testing and was due very soon. Again it just mentioned the P2 and also used a picture of a P2. No mention of the Vision. Are we sure it is being released for both platforms ?

Phantom 2 Vision will capture Adobe DNG RAW and provide Ground Station capabilities!

December 04 2013

We are very excited to announce that with a firmware update, the Phantom 2 Vision will be able to capture and store pictures in Adobe DNG RAW format in-camera. The update will be released in late December.

Additionally, a separate firmware and mobile phone App update will be released providing the Phantom 2 Vision with Ground Station capabilities including waypoint editing and autonomous waypoint navigation. The update will be released around the end of December or early January.

http://www.dji.com/info/news/phanto...g-raw-and-provide-ground-station-capabilities

(Hopefully to be released in the next 7-14 days)
iDrone :ugeek:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 422

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member