iOS apps for LAANC Autorizations-2022??

Reaction score
Hi all. for various reasons, I've barely flown all summer, and the few times I did I didn't need LAANC authorizations.
I used to use AirMap on my iPhone or iPad with no issues.
Seems that AirMap has lost their ability to do LAANC.
So I went to Kittyhawk (now Aloft?) and that didn't work either.

What is everyone using currently to do LAANC requests? Has to work on iOS.

thanks!

****** Update********
Looks like I can get it done on Aloft, but I don't care for the interface that much. Need to play with it to see how to adjust the circumference of my authorized area. Any tips are appreciated.
And if there is another app that you like better, definitely want to hear it.
thx

Does anyone know if Aloft can show TFR's - click on it and get the details?

****** Update********
Looks like I can get it done on Aloft, but I don't care for the interface that much. Need to play with it to see how to adjust the circumference of my authorized area. Any tips are appreciated.
And if there is another app that you like better, definitely want to hear it.
thx

Does anyone know if Aloft can show TFR's - click on it and get the details?
Don't know about TFR details on Aloft, but it is my understaning that AirMap lost their ability/authorizaion to provide flight authorizations, and Skyward abandoned their ablitiy to do it as well. Aloft is changing their interface on October 3rd, maybe it will improve - New app may already be available, it is called Aloft Air Control.

Reactions: jephoto
Don't know about TFR details on Aloft, but it is my understaning that AirMap lost their ability/authorizaion to provide flight authorizations, and Skyward abandoned their ablitiy to do it as well. Aloft is changing their interface on October 3rd, maybe it will improve - New app may already be available, it is called Aloft Air Control.
Thanks HM.
Still trying to figure out how to show the area I want fo fly for a mission or Authorization. On Airmap you could easily draw a circle or even custom area and see it on the map. How do you see on the map the area you want to define for the mission?

It is not the most intuitive situation. I am using the original aloft app, on android, so yours may vary. click on map(s) at the bottom menu, and use the search function to get to your location, or if you are there your gps will already put you there. Here is where it is less obvious, at the bottom of the map there is an info section for your airspace at that location, click on that box, probably actually on the tab which I believe shows available altitude. That will open up another window, in which there is a very small box which says get authorization, click that, then I think it asks part 107 or recreational flight. make a choice and there will be a box around the address you had put in your search. There are four corners that are movable to select you flight area, just drag them where you want them, and continue to follow the authorization steps. The way you choose your selected altitude is to drag the marker from the zero to what you want. I don't believe there is a way to just give it a circumference, however the one advantage is that with squared lined instead of a circle, you can but right up aganist a LAANC grid line. Hopefully this helps, I'm not sure how different the ios version might be.

Aloft is now Air Control. If you have an Aloft account you can migrate your data. Aloft will no longer be supported.

Reactions: homemaster
Aloft is now Air Control. If you have an Aloft account you can migrate your data. Aloft will no longer be supported.

Thanks Snowghost. I'll check it out

Reactions: snowghost
This was a good recommendation. Works just fine. Again, appreciated.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic