IOS App return-to-home Altitude not saving

Reaction score
I noticed that when I go in the DJI Pilot app bring up the MC Settings, Advanced settings, Failsafe mode and change the "Return-to-home Altitude" setting it sticks until I leave the app, double click the IOS devices Home button, swipe up on the app and kill it. When I restart the app and go back to look at the "Return-to-home Altitude" setting it goes back to 0. Anyone else have this happening? Does not seem to be saving the setting.

Edit: I am using an iPhone 6 plus

I saw this bug mentioned on the DJI forum. DJI is aware of the issue and is apparently working on a fix.

Its writing to the fc, so dont worry. The app has a polling bug thats needs to be worked on.

I noticed that when I go in the DJI Pilot app bring up the MC Settings, Advanced settings, Failsafe mode and change the "Return-to-home Altitude" setting it sticks until I leave the app, double click the IOS devices Home button, swipe up on the app and kill it. When I restart the app and go back to look at the "Return-to-home Altitude" setting it goes back to 0. Anyone else have this happening? Does not seem to be saving the setting.

Edit: I am using an iPhone 6 plus

Was the phantom on when you did this? Mine did the same until I turned the phantom on.

I also noticed this whilst setting up the Phantom at home. I'd set the RTH height, whilst connected to the aircraft and TX, from 0 to 48m and it would always revert back to 0 if you leave and return to the RTH menu screen.

I found this a little alarming. The same bug intermittently occurred whilst out in the field attempting my first flight, though I think it eventually registered and stayed on my selected RTH of 48m.

I opted to stay in a large open area, keeping the quad close and away from obstacles so the RTH function would not be required. I'm in the testing phase and bedding in the batteries so not concerned right now. I'll double check the RTH selected remains on my selected height on the next flight.

Last edited:
That sure makes me nervous, given the too-low default of 30m and the trees in my area that are 35m+. If you set it and leave the screen, has anyone tested that it does stick until you power off or go back to that screen?

I believe it does remain at the selected RTH once in flight, but I'm not 100% sure. Seeing my imputed figures disappear whilst carrying out the initial set up indoors made me feel nervous.

Going out for another test flight today and will double check the figures whilst out in the field again.

To clarify what Blade said above, the value you enter in the app is saved on the bird, so the bird knows its RTH height even if the app is reporting 0 or whatever. I tested this last weekend.

But did it retain the value after turning the Phantom and controller on and off? That is, after you turn everything off and unplug the battery and go to fly another day, does the RTH value revert to default, or remain at the value that you last saved? Given that the default value is barely halfway up the average tree height around here, I have been erring on the side of resetting the value every time I fly for the day.

It's still happening - will a fix be coming soon , DJI?
This was fixed 2 years ago. That value is saved on the AC for obvious reasons. Are you setting it while connected to the AC?

Reactions: JoBe and HWCM

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.