Invalid Battery help

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a few issues here. I noticed after a while with the same battery (6 months) that my phantom would begin descending and not want to climb once I hit about 80% remaining. The battery gauge on the phantom app would begin flashing red also. I thought I was in need of a new battery, so I bought a new one. Once i plugged the new one in, the message on the phantom app says invalid battery. The rear lights of my phantom is red and the front lights are not on. I've actually bought two new battery's with the same result.

Second issue here is that I tried downloading the assistant software and windows driver to see if it is a firmware issue or something and I have had no connection success. I've tried downloading multiple times with no success. I am plugging into the micro USB port on the front of the phantom and not the camera.

Any ideas here? I am totally lost right now.

I've actually bought two new battery's with the same result.
Got a link to the exact batteries you purchased?

Second issue here is that I tried downloading the assistant software
Make sure you're using the Phantom Assistant application -- and, not the R/C Assistant application. Try rebooting your computer if you haven't rebooted since installing this software. It shouldn't be necessary, but things sometimes magically fix themselves after restarting Windows.

I am plugging into the micro USB port on the front of the phantom and not the camera.
Are you using the DJI USB cable? If not, try that. If so, try a different cable.

Hi,

I bought one battery through eBay through a dealer in California and one through Amazon. I don't have the exact links with me.

I tried restarting windows and getting a new USB cable, but same results.

I also tried both assistant software 3.6 and 3.8.

I bought one battery through eBay through a dealer in California and one through Amazon.
There are a lot of people selling 3rd batteries that look like OEM batteries.

I also tried both assistant software 3.6 and 3.8.
Try the following (in this order):

- Uninstall the Phantom Assistant application and DJI Windows drivers.
- Install the Phantom Assistant 3.8 application and DJI Windows drivers.
- Start the Phantom Assistant application.
- Turn on your remote controller and Phantom (with the props off).
- Plug in the DJI USB cable to connect your Phantom to your computer (plug it into your computer -- and, not a monitor, keyboard, etc.).
- Try the above on a different computer.

Tried all of these steps on two different computers with no success. Does this thing sound shot to you?

What do you see at the bottom, left of the Phantom Assistant application?

I think I may have figured it out. I was clicking "run" for the driver and not downloading to the desktop. Charging battery now and testing here shortly. Will report back.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic