Introduction

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Eric, and I am a 57-year-old 7th grade teacher in California who is pretty serious about photography. I don't have a drone yet, but I think that I am ready to pull the trigger and get one. I am very cautious and I think I have been thinking about it for three, maybe four years. My primary reason for wanting one is I am always looking for a different angle for still photography. I am sure I will get into the video aspect as well and I am sure I will enjoy flying too. I plan on getting a PHANTOM 4 Pro, unless I hear that a Phantom 5 is close to coming out and there is an upgrade in the camera that I like. I look forward to gaining wise advice from experienced folks here!

Hello and welcome to the forum and soon the hobby (aka addiction).

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0ROJYyg.png

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

unless I hear that a Phantom 5 is close to coming out and there is an upgrade in the camera that I like
Nothing has been leaked yet, so I don't think we're going to see a new Phantom anytime soon.

Hello, my name is Eric, and I am a 57-year-old 7th grade teacher in California who is pretty serious about photography. I don't have a drone yet, but I think that I am ready to pull the trigger and get one. I am very cautious and I think I have been thinking about it for three, maybe four years. My primary reason for wanting one is I am always looking for a different angle for still photography. I am sure I will get into the video aspect as well and I am sure I will enjoy flying too. I plan on getting a PHANTOM 4 Pro, unless I hear that a Phantom 5 is close to coming out and there is an upgrade in the camera that I like. I look forward to gaining wise advice from experienced folks here!
Drones do allow interesting perspectives for sure.DJI_0034 (2).jpg DJI_0158 (2).jpg

Reactions: Ebjerke
Hey Eric, if it’s something you’ve wanted for 4 years, just do it! Get a P4P and start enjoying it! You WILL NOT regret it, guaranteed! I’ve been deep in the industry a long time, let me know if you have any questions.

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0ROJYyg.png
Thanks for making me feel welcome and encouraging questions. I likely will have a few.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum Eric. I think you should just pull the trigger and go for it. I am a 59 year old retiree and have over a dozen drones and my phantoms are, by far, my favorite. You can't go wrong with the p4 or p3pro. Good luck.

I’m also new in the drone world and I’m looking for some hands on flying help with my phantom 4. I live in Miami. Please advise

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopters.

I live over in Morgan Hill and fly P4 and P4 Pro. You're going to love it. While national parks and some state parks are banned, you can fly in National Forests and on BLM public lands. The P4P is a dream and takes great still images and video. Be sure to check out the P4 Pro Owners Group on Facebook. And, when you ultimately purchase and start flying with the Litchi app, there is a Litchi App User Group here as well. Mostly, HAVE FUN and fly safely!!

Hey Eric...for what it,s worth I have had my P4P+ for around 6 months and bought it after much research and questions to other operators. My main purpose was to learn more about drones in general and to expand my photo and video expertise.
After an initial issue with the here maps (now fixed), I can say that the DJI product is hard to beat on all levels, and that you will not be disappointed with their capabilities. ....oh and a great show and tell for your 7th graders:)....have fun

I’m also new in the drone world and I’m looking for some hands on flying help with my phantom 4. I live in Miami. Please advise
Hello.....I am fairly new to the world of drones myself...had my P4P+ for around 6 months. You really do not much help with flying these things, but it certainly wouldn,t hurt to hang with other like minded aviators. My advice would be to read the manual and then read it again, browse forums like this one to gain info, make sure you are safe, legal and know your machine, don,t try to learn everything at once, take it nice and easy to gradually gain confidence. Leave the Top Gun stuff to those who are, or think they are more capable, or are just plain stupid.....have fun:)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic