Interference on images

Reaction score
Hi, Ive not used the drone for a few months and recently there was a car accident in the village, so I sent the drone up to have a look,
I wasnt anywhere near it as the video shows, so no preaching please,
But I do need some input on what the issue may be please,
Not had it before and the drone has had no knocks or bangs in the case,
Was fine before.
TIA

white dots and poor video

What are you flying? Looking back I see mention of P3 and 4. Might be helpful to diagnose. But not by me. ?

Reactions: jermnang
P4 about 4 years old, not been crashed etc,
I thought Id posted it under the P4 section, my bad.

Hi, Ive not used the drone for a few months and recently there was a car accident in the village, so I sent the drone up to have a look,
Was fine before.
TIA

If I recall correctly, whenever others have posted about similar spots or speckles as some have called it, the root cause pointed to the camera sensor or a cable. I'm not saying that is definitive, just what I think I remember from other posts.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
It's the gimbal ribbon cable. Trust me on this one, only buy a genuine DJI cable. The others are a crap shoot.
I suspected so but couldnt work out how it may have got damaged,
I will try that and report back,
Changing settings for the camera didnt change anything,
Thanks for the replies.

• Sad
Reactions: Oso
Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe and R Martin
We very often advise to use only OEM cables as @WV. Rootman did above in post 7. Non OEM are hit or miss, and much more often they are a miss.
I did say they claim to be OEM . .
"

Compatibility: DJI Phantom 4

Parts Origin |The term OEM stands for 'Original Equipment Manufacturer', the exact meaning differs in several industries.To us OEM means that the part is the exact same part used within your device, we source these from the same vendors the manufacturer use. By definition the part is an original part manufactured by the same vendor / manufacturer in the same way using the same procedures, equipment and processes as the part provided to the manufacture from the Vendor, the only difference is that we dont obtain directly from the devices manufacturer, nor in some cases are we affiliated with device manufacturer in any way.

"

You need something that looks like this, Phantom 4 Flexible Gimbal Flat Cable
Buy from whomever, but this is your part.
Brill ordered,
you may not know this but not everyone knows what you know, you shouldnt assume everyone has the same knowledge base,
So clearly I didnt know, but I wasnt an arse about it,
I put my hands up and ordered the correct one.

I said in #6,"It's the gimbal ribbon cable." "Technical Bob". I also suggest that maybe you pay someone to put it on for you "Technical Bob". I really try to help people, but I don't know their Technical knowledge. I'm just a retired pipe fitter. I don't know Technical things that well. Sorry for my lack of knowledge and ability to convey my thoughts to words.

Was fine before.
TIA

Interesting. Those dots look like sharpening/compression artifacts to me...not normal but maybe you've stumbled into a unique situation. Shoot it again with the sharpness turned down and D-Log color space. Make sure compression is set to h.264. See if that doesn't help.

D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31