Interesting idea - competing with DJI

Reaction score
Now don't get me wrong here. DJI is a fine company. As far as some things go.
But they love giving the shaft to much. As evident with the hulabaloo over Colin Guinn and his departure from them.
So what I propose is simply this.
What we need to do is to combine forces and go into direct competition with DJI.
We need to form a company that can produce the same products. But right here in the good ole US of A.
I figure that with the right people, we could develop our own line of quads from the ground up.
Using American technology and speaking the same language.
Have a support staff that truly supports in every way.

What I do not have, are the resources to make it happen. Or I'd do it in a flash.
I figure that just maybe there might be somebody on this board, or somewhere, who does have the resources who would gladly finance the adventure.

I have some ideas for my bird(s) that would put DJI and the others to shame.
Any one else have the same interest? I'd like to see this hobby really get moving into the future.

Cool. Got a million bucks to play with?
Not sure how much I would need just to get started, but a few hundred thousand at least.
And a few good people who know electronic circuitry.
Heck, maybe I could even Colin to join eh?

Go for it.
There are already US companies doing exactly this though. 3DR for example.

The main issue with competing with DJI is cost. Labour is much more expensive in the US and EU than it is in China and so manufacturing to the same standard while still being able to turn a profit is hard. This is why most US electronics companies outsource their manufacturing to China. Apple is a prime example.

rilot said:
Go for it.
There are already US companies doing exactly this though. 3DR for example.

The main issue with competing with DJI is cost. Labour is much more expensive in the US and EU than it is in China and so manufacturing to the same standard while still being able to turn a profit is hard. This is why most US electronics companies outsource their manufacturing to China. Apple is a prime example.

And guess who works for 3DR now ? :D

manufacturing to the same standard

I don't think DJI have set the bar too high on this count. Three months gone and I'm still waiting for a replacement camera.

I really hate the looks of the iris , and really not thrilled with gopro at all. Plus everything is android , not fan of that either. Seems like step backwards to me.
Had gopro three and it was so buggy I got rid of it.
I don't mind the dji batteries nice not dealing with connectors and cables , plus they seem to work great.

Mori55 said:
I really hate the looks of the iris , and really not thrilled with gopro at all. Plus everything is android , not fan of that either. Seems like step backwards to me.
Had gopro three and it was so buggy I got rid of it.
I don't mind the dji batteries nice not dealing with connectors and cables , plus they seem to work great.

No it's a step forward.

As for OP, I will give you tree fiddy.

No but my good friends cousins best friends younger brother has one.

No my buddy has one and it's pretty nice. I'm considering it myself.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl