Installing motor mounts for stress crack avoidance

Reaction score
I just purchased a set of aluminum motor mounts for the Phantom 3 advanced. I am looking at the length of the screws included. They seem long, and I don't want them running up into the motor and hitting on the magnets. My question is, has anyone installed these and if so do you recall how long the screw measured in MM? Also I would presume you need to use some "blue locktite" on the threads prior to install. Any advise from those who have done it would be appreciated. I got the this set here from ebay CNC Aluminum DJI Phantom 3 Reinforcement Plates Motor Mount Protector Silver 4pc

I have the same question , haven't had a chance to install mine yet but I was thinking on a solution and may be a good idea to

mark on side of original screws with a market before take then off, counting exactly how many turn they are threatened into the motors and make sure the new screws do about same turns. By marking one side of the screw it's easier to count the turns ....

Also if you have another spare motor around try that many turns of the screw on it to get a idea if it close or still have room for more turns and how many...

machines experience talking , Cnc threads are very accurate as well as the housing thickness of the motors.... I would bet you can figure out exactly how many turns before start coming out the other side ...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers