P3 Firmware Installing Latest Go App little help from my friends

Reaction score
I'm close to pushing the upgrade button on this newly acquired GL300A remote controller. It's asking. This will be my modded controller. I've got video & scroll wheel operates camera correctly. It's running version 1.2.6. My AC is running 1.10.90 My GL300C RC runs 1.8.0
I want to make sure I've covered all the bases before doing so..

Do I delete the DJI Go App Version 3.1.11 on my Mini 4 first, before installing the latest DJI GO App. Which is ??????

Can you look over these numbers & see if I'm good to go with it?
Thank you, appreciate the help.. Gonna go look at the you tube info too.
Steve

I'm close to pushing the upgrade button on this newly acquired GL300A remote controller. It's asking. This will be my modded controller. I've got video & scroll wheel operates camera correctly. It's running version 1.2.6. My AC is running 1.10.90 My GL300C RC runs 1.8.0
I want to make sure I've covered all the bases before doing so..

Do I delete the DJI Go App Version 3.1.11 on my Mini 4 first, before installing the latest DJI GO App. Which is ??????

Can you look over these numbers & see if I'm good to go with it?
Thank you, appreciate the help.. Gonna go look at the you tube info too.
Steve

With any app it will just upgrade the current version

Instructions to upgrade RC firmware start with "Launch the latest version of DJI GO app". Couple of questions here... Where do I find the "latest version" and how do I tell it is the "latest version"? I have A P3A the controller and the P3A do not have the same version FW. So my intent is to upgrade my controller (RC). This is my first post!

I have A P3A the controller and the P3A do not have the same version FW.
Have you flown it? If so, you have the same version on both.

Thanks Fly Dawg, for the response. I did fly it one (1) time after it came back from factory repair. At about 80 feet one prop decided to go it's own way and needless to say, the drone fell. I repaired the yaw arm and now all seems to work except for an ESC error. Looking around the app I noticed the FW versions were different. A/C 1.11.xxx and the RC was 1.9.xxx.

I noticed the FW versions were different. A/C 1.11.xxx and the RC was 1.9.xxx.
That is correct. It is the version for each that must match. Not necessarily number wise. Iv'e been flying with 1.8.8 AC and 1.6 RC for years with no issues, and do not intend to change what works. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks again. Right now it seems that everything works except the motors. They will not spin, none of them. Any time I attempt to start them I get this error flashed to the screen about an ESC error. I do live in a no fly zone, could that be the problem?

I get this error flashed to the screen about an ESC error.
Most likely not. The ESC is the motor speed controller.

"That is correct. It is the version for each that must match. Not necessarily number wise." How do you know the versions match if the numbers don't?

If the database has you in a no-fly zone, does the software prevent the motors from turning on?

If the database has you in a no-fly zone, does the software prevent the motors from turning on?
It will with the latest version of GO. However, you would also have a warning of the motors not starting due to that. If you did not see that, then that is most likely not the issue.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20