P3 Firmware Need Advice updating a GL 300 A RC

Reaction score
Newly purchased GL300 A Remote Controller links up to my P3P easily, however it is requesting an update,(It wont start the aircraft) I've got video from camera..Camera tilt wheel works correctly.
So if I attempt an update with the DJI Go app, is there a chance this may harm or change my aircraft someway so I wouldn't be able to go back to my previous remote controller which is GL 300 C
I guess What I'm asking is ..It change's That Remote Only?
GL300A version1.2.6
GL300C version 1.8.0
If you need any more information please don't hesitate to ask..
I appreciate your help, Never done much updating..
Steve

Last edited:
Newly purchased GL300 A Remote Controller links up to my P3P easily, however it is requesting an update,(It wont start the aircraft) I've got video from camera..Camera tilt wheel works correctly.
So if I attempt an update with the DJI Go app, is there a chance this may harm or change my aircraft someway so I wouldn't be able to go back to my previous remote controller which is GL 300 C
I guess What I'm asking is ..It change's That Remote Only?
If you need any more information please don't hesitate to ask..
I appreciate your help, Never done much updating..
Steve
The first things that I would check if it were mine are the FW versions of the AC and both RCs. It would be a shame to update your new 300A to something that could be mismatched with your AC for example.

If your AC is FW v1.8.8 or later, you are most likely okay. If your AC is FW v1.7.6 or earlier, going to the latest RC FW could create issues.

Use that as a data point when making a decision that works best for you. Good luck!

The first things that I would check if it were mine are the FW versions of the AC and both RCs. It would be a shame to update your new 300A to something that could be mismatched with your AC for example.

If your AC is FW v1.8.8 or later, you are most likely okay. If your AC is FW v1.7.6 or earlier, going to the latest RC FW could create issues.

Use that as a data point when making a decision that works best for you. Good luck!

Oso..
Glad your around..I've added the RC versions to my last post.. Do they look compatible?
& refresh me on how to find the current AC firmware.
Thank you..
if this tends to be something over my head, look for the GL300A on the classified forum soon..

Oso..
Glad your around..I've added the RC versions to my last post.. Do they look compatible?
& refresh me on how to find the current AC firmware.
Thank you..
if this tends to be something over my head, look for the GL300A on the classified forum soon..
You didn't add your AC version (found on the 'about' screen in app or in your LOG_AB file), but since you noted that your 300C RC is v1.8 I can make a guess that your AC is in fact later than v1.8.8 since you say that all works well with the 300C.
If so, as I noted earlier you are probably okay to update the 300A RC. Again, use that as a data point with your other research to help you decide what you want to do next. Good luck!

Reactions: JoBe
You didn't add your AC version (found on the 'about' screen in app or in your LOG_AB file), but since you noted that your 300C RC is v1.8 I can make a guess that your AC is in fact later than v1.8.8 since you say that all works well with the 300C.
If so, as I noted earlier you are probably okay to update the 300A RC. Again, use that as a data point with your other research to help you decide what you want to do next. Good luck!

OSo
My AC version is 1.10.90
above you said " Since you said that all works well with the 300C" Do you mean to say 300A?
I don't think I mentioned the 300C (although everything does indeed work well.)
Steve

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20