Inspire 2 or Phantom 4 Pro?!

I am really looking forward to the day they have interchangeable "module" bays and can do infra-red, mag and night vision payloads.

I'll tell you what's really tempting, the great private sale deals that are popping up from people selling their inspire 1 pro kits. That is super tempting when the deal is very good. What held me back from an original inspire all the way to the I2 now is very simply, flight time. For what I do, flight time is paramount. I could change my tune if the I2 does a solid 26 minutes without going into panic mode to land but even that would require the x4s to have a decent shot at it. I'm gonna guess it'll be more regularly 23 minutes to land at reasonable percentages and that is just not long enough for me. It seems the p4p with the stronger battery is more likely to push 26 or more minutes within good percentage margins for landing calmly and not in a rush. Flight time dictates more than anything for me. My p3a delivers a fine image. A camera upgrade is always welcome but flight time rules the day for me now.

I'll tell you what's really tempting, the great private sale deals that are popping up from people selling their inspire 1 pro kits. That is super tempting when the deal is very good. What held me back from an original inspire all the way to the I2 now is very simply, flight time. For what I do, flight time is paramount. I could change my tune if the I2 does a solid 26 minutes without going into panic mode to land but even that would require the x4s to have a decent shot at it. I'm gonna guess it'll be more regularly 23 minutes to land at reasonable percentages and that is just not long enough for me. It seems the p4p with the stronger battery is more likely to push 26 or more minutes within good percentage margins for landing calmly and not in a rush. Flight time dictates more than anything for me. My p3a delivers a fine image. A camera upgrade is always welcome but flight time rules the day for me now.
I'm with you! If the range and the flight time on the P4P won't replicate what I can currently do with my battery modded P4 and DBS-02 boosted GL300A controller, the improved camera won't help, as I can't reach my subject! I am hoping similar mods will soon be available for the P4P, but the external batteries will interfere with the P4P side IR sensors, and the transmitter mod is still an unknown with a dual band setup, and a questionable support of the needed channel hack for reliably flying over busy urban wifi signals!

Reactions: IBV
The P4P uses the same imager as the Sony RX100IV. The RX100IV is the convenient pocket camera for professional photographers who normally work with expensive DSLRs. I am looking at the P4P the same way.

I will be getting an Inspire 2 and X5S as well for the professional shoots. This will replace one of the two Inspire 1 / X5R systems I already have.

Seems the P4P has some bit rate imaging issues with 4k60, DR limitation issues with the color profiles, and flickering like the X5.
I'm curious if the X4S or X5S will have these same issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the latest drones shooting in 4k i wonder how many folks who buy them dont realise that they need a decent computer to do the editing .Most home computers just cant cope as i found out so had to invest in a new super fast pc with a expensive graphics card .
The new P4P looks like a winner but for me i might just wait untill Dji bring out a hex with retracts .
Not the computer, it's the codec.

Even fast computers don't like H.264 ... Upgrade it to ProRes on DNxHD and it would take a pretty terrible computer to not handle a steam or two of 4k.

If the stuff looks good then it looks good. If you're delivering this to a client then 99% are just going to be blown away by something that looks good and the other 1% are probably Hollywood film editors. The phantom pro is more than most people will ever use bearing in mind how little people have a 4K screen
Fair enough. I happen to be in your 1%.

Last edited:
Reactions: F3honda4me
No need to tell me about Prores or DNxHD, I know about codecs needed for professional filming. My point is, there is a huge market that is NOT professional movies or series, which could no doubt use content from a P4P - documentary, commercials, especially for the web, individuals, inspecting etc. The list goes on.
For sure. Sometimes I can get caught up in my own esoteric world.

A lot of very good info in this thread. If anyone still has any questions I can help with please let us know. We have P4P and P4P+ and I2 are hopefully arriving here next week. We are going to keep a dealer demo of each to do comparisons, example shots / footage and video reviews / tutorials. If anyone has a specific comparison they would like to see just let us know. We also have dealer demos of Inspire 1 with X5R and M600 if anyone wants to see any comparisons with those.

Happy to help how ever we can...and if anyone needs the new high capacity P4 batteries, we have 40 of them we are shipping out to clients at the end of next week. They are in route to us via UPS now.

www.FloridaDroneSupply.com

A lot of very good info in this thread. If anyone still has any questions I can help with please let us know. We have P4P and P4P+ and I2 are hopefully arriving here next week. We are going to keep a dealer demo of each to do comparisons, example shots / footage and video reviews / tutorials. If anyone has a specific comparison they would like to see just let us know. We also have dealer demos of Inspire 1 with X5R and M600 if anyone wants to see any comparisons with those.

Happy to help how ever we can...and if anyone needs the new high capacity P4 batteries, we have 40 of them we are shipping out to clients at the end of next week. They are in route to us via UPS now.

www.FloridaDroneSupply.com
What is your return policy? I was unable to find it on the website.

Oh sorry. It comes up during checkout. I can send it you, but essentially there is a 10 day buyers remorse for unopened boxes. If its something that you open, use or fly, we generally don't take those back - defects and warranty are a different story - I'm only referring to people that buy, fly and change their minds later.

Oh sorry. It comes up during checkout. I can send it you, but essentially there is a 10 day buyers remorse for unopened boxes. If its something that you open, use or fly, we generally don't take those back - defects and warranty are a different story - I'm only referring to people that buy, fly and change their minds later.
What is the policy for DOA or warranty issue in the first 14 days?

Here you go:

REFUND POLICY

Florida Drone Supply, Inc strives to provide an excellent customer experience. We will do everything within our capacity to ensure that our customers are 100% satisfied with their purchase. We offer a 10-day ‘buyer’s remorse’ on select products from the ship date and with an approved RMA number. Unopened boxes can be returned no questions asked. Items that have been activated, previously flown, used, or show any sign of wear will not be accepted and will be returned at the customers expense. The purchaser can obtain an RMA number by submitting a request to [email protected]. In order to receive an RMA number, please have your sales receipt ready with all purchase information. A representative will respond to your RMA request within 24 business hours.

Custom built kits, packages, combos or Ready to Fly (RTF) copters may NOT be returned or EXCHANGED under any circumstances. These are custom built products based upon user specific requests, options and/or requirements that are built and tested to order. Products that require the customer to build and assemble them may NOT be returned or EXCHANGED once the manufacturer's seal has been broken or the manufacturer's product packaging has been opened. Contact us at [email protected] if you discover any problems with your product.

All returned or exchanged items must be in brand new condition, in their original box, and must include all original packing material, packing slip, blank warranty cards, manuals, documents, and all accessories. Items received that do not meet these requirements will not be accepted. All returns are subject to a minimum 15% re-stocking fee. Items that have been activated, previously flown, used, or show any sign of wear will not be accepted.

Items deemed DOA may be exchanged within 10 days of the purchase receipt date at the discretion of Florida Drone Supply, Inc for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model. AFTER THIS PERIOD ALL WARRANTY REQUESTS MUST BE DIRECTED TO THE MANUFACTURER. A pre-paid shipping label or reimbursement for return shipping charges may be provided on DOA item exchanges.

Reactions: F3honda4me
Sure thing...I will look into why its so hard to find. Apparently it shows up in the footer menu when you are on the check out page. With so much new product and pre orders I certainly understand the importance of knowing the return policy! Thanks.....

Hi all

For me the Phantom 4 pro is a no-brainer! I have put together a complete package for £2900 including:
Phantom 4 pro +
six batteries
backpack
two sets of rotor blades
2 multi-battery chargers (three batteries in each)
set of pro filters
32 GB memory card
emergency parachute system

If I was going to get the inspire 2 even with the X 4 I would be looking at at least £6500 because I need two inspire batteries for every one of the phantoms. so if I added on a X5S, filming resolution upgrade and lenses I would be looking at around £10,000!

sorry but unless you are desperately needing the raw upgrade on a regular basis, IMHO the Phantom 4 pro gives excellent quality video for the 97% of jobs you are likely to do and if you get asked to do something you cannot do, subcontract the job out to somebody that has got deeper pockets than you!

Hi all

For me the Phantom 4 pro is a no-brainer! I have put together a complete package for £2900 including:
Phantom 4 pro +
six batteries
backpack
two sets of rotor blades
2 multi-battery chargers (three batteries in each)
set of pro filters
32 GB memory card
emergency parachute system

If I was going to get the inspire 2 even with the X 4 I would be looking at at least £6500 because I need two inspire batteries for every one of the phantoms. so if I added on a X5S, filming resolution upgrade and lenses I would be looking at around £10,000!

sorry but unless you are desperately needing the raw upgrade on a regular basis, IMHO the Phantom 4 pro gives excellent quality video for the 97% of jobs you are likely to do and if you get asked to do something you cannot do, subcontract the job out to somebody that has got deeper pockets than you!

Emergency Parachute???

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94