Inspecting This Tower - How high?

Russel correct me if I'm wrong or I can go back to the FAA and get this clarification if needed but... with the new "Airspace Authorization/Waiver" system currently in place, technically ATC is the one who has created the "Grid System" for their own areas so from a very broad stroke ATC is the authority who is granting/denying Part 107 operations in the airspace.

Each ATC created the grid (for their controlled airspace) which in effect is the Go/No Go ruling for each submission.

If the above is accurate then the rule is valid and correct. This is purely ALLEN'S interpretation and nothing official or even resembling anything official.

I'm not sure. The conversation seems to be going off on a tangent regarding the use of the word "ATC".

"ATC" is a widely used term with respect to authorizations. When you say "ATC is not permitted to authorize..." are you referring to the fact that the FAA wants to handle all requests through the online portal (as opposed to contacting tower controllers)?

Yes - I was referring to the specific instructions to ATC that they may not grant authorization for Part 107 flights. I only mentioned it in the context of considering how carefully, or otherwise, the FAA drafted their wording. It's not directly pertinent to the original topic.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez