Initialization sensors do not seem active at all

Reaction score
I have the IMU initialization error. I have set the P3 pro on level ground, and waited for it to initialize for 30 minutes, but it never does. I have turned the controller and app on 1st and opened up the IMU sensor panel. Then, turned on the drone, then hit IMU calibration, but nothing happens. I've attached a screenshot of what happens. Please advise!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 479
I have the IMU initialization error. I have set the P3 pro on level ground, and waited for it to initialize for 30 minutes, but it never does. I have turned the controller and app on 1st and opened up the IMU sensor panel. Then, turned on the drone, then hit IMU calibration, but nothing happens. I've attached a screenshot of what happens. Please advise!
uninstall the software from your device and reinstall. If that doesnt do it, format the SD card (or just remove it). What did you change recently?

I have previously unistalled and reinstalled the dji go app, but the IMU would still not calibrate (on level ground, after 5 minutes off, and then 20 minutes on). (The drone is the Phantom 3 4K with gold bands. When selecting the appropriate drone in the app, I am selecting the Phantom 3 Professional with gold bands. Is that correct? Please confirm the linked app is the correct one to use.) I have used it a few times before, so I'm pretty sure I've been using the correct app.

Per your advice, I removed the SD card, and it still did not calibrate the IMU. I then reformatted the SD card, and the IMU would still not calibrate.

In answer to your Q, I have not changed anything that I am aware of. The only thing I can think of is that I transported the drone out to do a shoot in which I did not have the plastic holder on the camera set, and I drove over some pretty rocky terrain, which I took slowly. Perhaps I jarred something. However, the camera seems secure and operates normally when the drone is turned on.

Hi Troyer

First thing to clarify, do you have a Phantom 3 Professional or Phantom 3 4K. The Professional will connect to your phone/tablet with a USB cable whereas the 4K connects via wifi.

When you run DJI Go there is no Phantom 3 4K in the dropdown list, but once the aircraft connects to the remote it will display Phantom 3 4K.

If it's the 4K, what firmware version is currently installed?

The first release firmware meant some units were not able to run the IMU calibration properly.

See the two links below which seem to match your fault description.
IMU Calibration for Phantom 4K 2016 model
Phantom3 4K Firmware

This should be resolved in v1.2.10 or later 4K firmware.

Hope this helps
Tim

Thanks! From all I've read, including your advice, it seems the trouble could be that the firmware is not updated, however, the DJI Go App does not indicate an update is needed in "overall status". It did a couple weeks ago, and I told it to update, and now it does not show that an update is needed. I wonder if it updated correctly. Perhaps I missed a step.

It appears that on other drones (from what I've read), a person can update manually by downloading the firmware on the SD card and then re-inserting it into the drone and updating until it beeps differently and a green light shows. However, the instructions on the Phantom 3 4K say only to update via the DJI Go App, and you'll be prompted to do so, but I'm not getting prompted. Meanwhile, I'm still getting the IMU error.

It's surprising to me that there's not a way on the app to see what firmware is installed, so I can see, as you've indicated, that it should be v1.2.10. As it is, I don't know what firmware is present, and unless the app prompts me to update, I have no way to update it. Frustrating and seemingly restrictive. I hope there's an easy solution I've overlooking.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20