P4 Standard no communication to RC Help?

Reaction score
OK Guys, from the top.I have a P4, as well as my 65 year old Friend,just purchased his less then a week ago. After a bunch of updating firmware,Remote Control, Calibrate compass and IMU, finally was able to fly mine.
His on the other hand,after i set it up for him,got it in the air for a couple flights, it always had a warning on screen (Gimble Joint Angle Sensor Initialization Error) could not get rid of it,but could fly,Then all the sudden, Nothing, only thing active on RC was Gimble Dial. RC calibration, all knobs appear to function and completed Calibration, IMU Calibrate fine, No Errors, But only way Bird will fly is Auto take off from Tablet.(All firmware on Drone and Controller Up to Date and uninstalled/Reinstalled DJI Go 4 to Latest Version)
Tried Linking RC and Drone Via Hard Reset, RC Light Green, DJI Go 4 says Ready to Fly, but Reset Light on Drone constant flash Red, no communication.
I tried my controller, linked to his Drone, Same thing(Red Blinking light)
I Tried His Controller to My Drone,Hard reset( Red Blinking Light)
Back to Reset My controller on my Drone,(works Perfect)
He Purchased this from Bestbuy 10 days ago, They said Not there Problem,contact DJI. I,m Pretty sure theres a 14 day Lemon Law here in Canada on Returning a faulty equiptment,but they say NO WAY.
It Flew Perfectly 2 times, then next time out of the case, we get this.Never been dropped,no hard landing,nothing.
Anything else to Try would be appreciated, hes pretty pissed off to get 2 flights from a $1300 Paperweight.

Best buy return policy:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/help-t...cy/pcmcat260800050014.c?id=pcmcat260800050014

If they don't like that, ask to speak to their manager!
Thanks,thats what i told him, i thought 14 days, Manager was not in when he went in 2 days ago, Assistant manager told him NOT A Chance" I wish i would have been there with him. Store is 1.5 hours away, his 14 days will be up before they open back up on Tuesday here in canada due to the Thanksgiving Holiday, Ohh Boy""""

Thanks,thats what i told him, i thought 14 days, Manager was not in when he went in 2 days ago, Assistant manager told him NOT A Chance" I wish i would have been there with him. Store is 1.5 hours away, his 14 days will be up before they open back up on Tuesday here in canada due to the Thanksgiving Holiday, Ohh Boy""""
Either drive back, or phone a manager, or email headquarters demanding what you want.

Reactions: gutterboy2ca
I think its a software prob. Wish we could downgrade that stupid firmware,this is rediculous...I'm not impressed with the P4, would sell it in a heartbeat and go back to my P3.

I think its a software prob. Wish we could downgrade that stupid firmware,this is rediculous...I'm not impressed with the P4, would sell it in a heartbeat and go back to my P3.
The P4 is a great machine. The firmware that DJI forced on some of you ruined many. I switched to Litchi and have never been bothered by DJI anymore.
Good Luck,
Jim
WA5TEF

Downgrade P4 firmware:

Help?

Another method to downgrade P4:

I would try the method through the phone app first, then if wanted, the more complex one.

UPDATE "" Thanks for the Help guys, Neither of the 2 methods would work, Both methods say Update complete,yet the Version never changed regardless of witch Firmware was chosen.It appears a corrupted stock Firmware is causing it to not Rollback, no idea why this happened between flying fine,and next power up,NO communication Controller to Drone.
After 4 days of Frigging with diff methods,None working, BestBuy will do NOTHING even Under 14 day Return, Its going Back to BestBuy to be shipped to DJI for Return/Repair,No other option at this point.Kind of a Bummer.
Even tried pairing My Remote with his Drone again, NO GO, Steady Flashing RED light on Drone reset button, RC Connected Green, Ready to Fly on either of the 2 Controllers.Still only Function is Gimble Dial working,or manual Lift off/RTH function on DJI Go 4
At this Point,WE are DONE"" I say UNCLE""

Sorry to hear that. You should make a you tube video stating what happened and that best buy did not honor their return policy with a screenshot of the policy and title it "Best buy rip off." Then send the link to their hdqrtrs. Hopefully, when DJI replaces it that you and your friend will experience the joy of the "Phantom".

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl