Indoors on Atti mode

Reaction score
Hi, I’m training for an flight test which is done indoors on Atti mode.

Everytime I try it, it does a big drift across into a wall! I guess because GPS is still trying to work?

Is there some other setting I need to change?

Cheers

Everytime I try it, it does a big drift across into a wall! I guess because GPS is still trying to work?

Cheers
Atti mode flying is with no GPS lock so it will drift with breeze and or wont hold its position so you have to f,y it old school like toy drones,you need to be in full control in atti mode with all directions, good luck for your test

Thanks, I can fly Atti outdoors in the wind okay. Just indoors with no wind it develops a mind of its own.... and takes of sideways!

Without seeing the data, we can't be sure what the issue was.
But from your question, I wonder if the drone was in atti mode?
Did you flick the Flight Mode switch to Atti mode or did you just fly indoors and assume it was in atti mode?
If you did not change to Atti Mode, and you were getting some GPS signal through wiindows etc, you could have nasty surprises as the drone goes in and out of GPS.

Cheers
When you pitch or roll in ATTI do you also reverse the stick movements momentarily to stop the AC drifting from momentum? You'll also get drift indoors w/no GPS due to the prop wash moving the air around which is usually solved with VPS but as you said you need to be in ATTI.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan