Income and hobby

Reaction score
Has anyone on here gained anything financially from their part 107 pilot license and drone? I want to start a hobby, but I would also like to make some side money from my hobby.

It seems the work areas in this forum are really bear. Reality photography seems like it's more of a nuisance than anything...at least that's what I've read. I wouldn't be quitting my day job to do this full time or anything like that.

Do you guys edit your own footage(video or pictures)? If so where did you learn to edit this kind of footage?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

As contrary as it may sound the most productive people doing this type of work were already photographers and this is simply another "tool in their handbag". Aerial Photography isn't the end-all and I wouldn't devote a lot of $$ to it unless I first developed my photography skills which include post processing.

We edit all of our work in-house and have learned how to over a few years of just doing it and learning from others. One thing to note is we are always still learning.

Agree, and even if you're a seasoned photographer there is a learning curve if you've never worked with video. That's what I'm in the middle of right now, but having a background in photography and experience with photography post-processing has helped a lot.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Jonathan Huff

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic