In flight barometer error 15000 feet from home

Reaction score
I just flew today and was hopping to reach 3 miles with windsurfers, at 15000 feet I got a barometer error. I was at 350 feet altitude in p mode cruising about 25 mph up wind all bars full 60% battery. Top screen started flashing the error then the second screen said to land slow! Just like the auto land screen for low battery the screen came on that she's going to land. Thank's to the I DON'T THINK SO button, I'm 3 miles out in the bush pucker factor, canceled it and started on my way back. P4 ran normal except for the barometer error warning. I switched to atti and with the wind at it's back she cruised in the 70's mph maxed at one point (looked at the log) 77.4 mph. Flew like she always does got home switched back to p mode and landed like a charm. Did a stop and go and all was normal. GO shows my max altitude at 5331 feet! Yep that's an error, Software must have said WTF that can't be right, send the pilot a message and make him feel like "well it was a good two weeks, the guy flew 390823 feet let's scare the crap out of him, he lives around farms that should just blend in." The weather is rapidly changing today as a weather front is moving in, the winds when I flew 1 hour ago where about 10 mph, 30 minutes ago they rose to at least 25+ mph and now there maybe at 5 mph. Do you guy's think that this weather cell would or could cause this barometric condition?

That doesn't seem plausible to me. I think it's more likely you may have a flaky barometer especially if it keeps acting up like that. I think my P4 barometer is flakey since it goes up and down ~40' with no stick input, all by itself.

Last edited:
First time this happens, but I have seen in my logs with 35 flights one more altitude at 933 feet, no way I would ever go that high or need to. One more thing the flight log speed is not accurate, it shows going upwind at 25 mph my wife told me she was checking telemetry and I was going around 17mph, coming back in a hurry she didn't look.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl