IMU warming up please wait

You should be able to resolve that issue by calibrating the IMU. See this video for more details:

how can I get this IMU warning to start quicker, IMU warming up takes for ever to be “ready to fly”
Rub it vigorously.

Either that or calibrate it first. :D

Put your phantom in the fridge for 30 minutes, then pull it out and do an immediate imu calibration. Don't let the drone warm to room temp before doing the calibration.

"
A Thermometer detects aircraft temperature and, over time, changes in aircraft temperature. Each time you turn on your drone, the IMU needs to warm up to the temperature at which you last calibrated. For example, if you calibrate the IMU at room temperature, the next time when you start the drone, it needs to warm up to room temperature before its ready to fly. Sometimes pilots get frustrated if their IMU takes too long to warm up. The drone may be taking a while because the IMU was last calibrated at a relatively high temperature. This is why we often recommend calibrating while your drone is cooled down. For example, trying placing it near an AC vent or unit before calibration.
On a DJI product, the Barometer measures changes in height. If you’re experiencing altitude drops during flight, then trying calibrating your IMU, so the barometer will reset and function normally."
(underline added)

You can find the above info here (worth a read IMO):
IMU Calibration Tips & Info

Reactions: Sirsly
The IMU needs to warm up to the temp it was at when the IMU was calibrated. So if it's calibrated when it's warm and you fly it in the cold, it will take longer. So you can place it in the fridge. However... I recommend that you then calibrate outside once it starts to warm up. Otherwise things like the barometer will be off. You _should_ get a warning if the software detects a big temp change but you are better off not relying on this and calibrating yourself.

Reactions: Sirsly
Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
i did the cold imu thing as well but i read here recently that it may be the cause of incorrect altitude readings if you go too cold before the imu. is that true? does it make sense to do a quick imu based on the seasons so that you are no too far off the outside temps?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT