IMU Issue?

Reaction score
Anyone else seeing this on their P4P?
I noticed mine tells me to calibrate the imu every time I turn it on, the notification will go away and I watch the 2 gyro values go down slowly from either red or orange halfway through the bar down to green acceptable values. Takes about 1-2 minutes. I tried calibrating the IMU and still the same thing. Then I take off and as you know it will now say moving and both gyro values are .01
Any ideas why this is happening and is anyone's seeing this same thing? Thank you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Some people even stick them in the freezer, but just leave yours out in the middle of the night for about 15 minutes and do the re calibrating on a flat surface..worked on mine^

Get it nice and cool (at least as cold as the temps you will be flying in) and calibrate as soon as you first power up. Be careful of condensation if putting it in the fridge.

Find a perfectly level surface. Use a spirit level to make sure it is level. When calibrating, do not touch it or have anything that can cause any vibrations near it, not even slight ones. When prompted, move the craft to the positions as indicated and wait.

Try it. The IMU bars should be green. Also, make sure you leave the craft still on the ground when you power up to fly. The IMUs need to initialize at each power cycle.

Try it. The IMU bars should be green. Also, make sure you leave the craft still on the ground when you power up to fly. The IMUs need to initialize at each power cycle.
Yeah I always leave it alone while it's warming up. It flies great as long as I let the gyro values lower, but if I take off before it flies weird.

One should wait until the home point is set.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
One time I took off before the home point was set, I found this out by checking healthy drones after the flight, the aircraft was trying to fly away from me, back at an angle, but the wind was blowing the same way, I'm still confused at what it was trying to do, luckily it was only 6 feet up, I pushed forward on the right stick until it was a little in front of me , let go and let it float or fly ( like I said confused) back towards me as I caught it with my shakey right hand and turned off with my left hand pushing the stick all the way down as normally. Scared the $h!t out of me!

One time I took off before the home point was set, I found this out by checking healthy drones after the flight, the aircraft was trying to fly away from me, back at an angle, but the wind was blowing the same way, I'm still confused at what it was trying to do, luckily it was only 6 feet up, I pushed forward on the right stick until it was a little in front of me , let go and let it float or fly ( like I said confused) back towards me as I caught it with my shakey right hand and turned off with my left hand pushing the stick all the way down as normally. Scared the $h!t out of me!

It sounds like you were flying without gps from your description (which would explain why you had no homepoint). Could this be the case?

It sounds like you were flying without gps from your description (which would explain why you had no homepoint). Could this be the case?
Healthy drones said I had 10 sats as the lowest and 15 was the highest. I can't really remember anything about the actual flight except it trying to fly away with the wind. It was adamant on doing that. Stubborn even. So I'm pretty confused still what happened. After I turned everything off I flew immediately, but this time I waited long enough for a home point and the gyro values to lower into itsy bitsy green. The flight was 10 minutes long without a single sign of the previous incident. Wind was picking up at about 15mph and the Phantom stood it's ground or eeeeer air? Haha Super responsive and listened to my inputs exactly as it was told. I flew again the next day and it performed perfectly. I also have 12 flights before that attempted runaway flight without a glitch. Soooooo that particular flight is a mystery in my mind.

Healthy drones said I had 10 sats as the lowest and 15 was the highest. I can't really remember anything about the actual flight except it trying to fly away with the wind. It was adamant on doing that. Stubborn even. So I'm pretty confused still what happened. After I turned everything off I flew immediately, but this time I waited long enough for a home point and the gyro values to lower into itsy bitsy green. The flight was 10 minutes long without a single sign of the previous incident. Wind was picking up at about 15mph and the Phantom stood it's ground or eeeeer air? Haha Super responsive and listened to my inputs exactly as it was told. I flew again the next day and it performed perfectly. I also have 12 flights before that attempted runaway flight without a glitch. Soooooo that particular flight is a mystery in my mind.

When mine lost gps it immidately started following the wind at an angle (but not right after takeoff) so it sounded slightly familiar. At 102 meters height the log reported between 17-19 satellites while at the same time no gps. In 30 seconds it had a 30 meter horizontal distance (after I had gained control and started correcting after a handful of seconds). But my log clearly states "satellite positioning off" so probably not what happened to you.

Reactions: KingDad1985
When mine lost gps it immidately started following the wind at an angle (but not right after takeoff) so it sounded slightly familiar. At 102 meters height the log reported between 17-19 satellites while at the same time no gps. In 30 seconds it had a 30 meter horizontal distance (after I had gained control and started correcting after a handful of seconds). But my log clearly states "satellite positioning off" so probably not what happened to you.
Could of been. But I really believe it was my fault. User error for not waiting Long enough and taking off way too early.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31