IMU fail after 2% also after minor crash

Reaction score
Hello, i have a P3 4K
I have had a minor crash in the house from about 3 foot , after a accidental take off , now going through the calibration as I am told to by the screen , the imu now freezes at 2%
I am really worried this will cost me hundreds of pounds , could anyone help please , thank you

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Try putting it in the fridge for 10 minutes and have Go App set up for imu calibration. Get battery in right away and tap on calibrate imu. Hope this helps!

Placing in fridge is not recommended because of condensation while warming up. But I have no direct experience with this. Just a heads up.

Reactions: Pharm
It's possible the accelerometer sensor got stuck in the impact.
There have been some cases where a sharp whack will free it - e.g. palm of hand on the battery.
@colin glos - This is also what I was going to suggest since we have seen it several times. I'd whack the top of the drone however sort of in the opposite direction of flight. What are the sensor values? Do they move? If all else has failed, it's worth a try. Especially since it has been shown to work in other similar examples.
Good luck sir.

Last edited:
Hi, I got the drone really cold put it outside when the temp is 4 degrees and left it out for 25 mins still no avail any other suggestions ? Really panicking

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

So you callously ignored the admonition to NOT chill it? Is that 4 degrees C or F? Either way, you're a bad, bad boy!

Did you try to slap it?

Also, just to be clear, after the crash did the app tell you to recalibrate the IMU or did you embark on this questionable path of your own volition?

Last edited:
I'm sure a lot of ops fly in cold weather then bring bird inside warm car or warm house so what's the difference?

I'm sure a lot of ops fly in cold weather then bring bird inside warm car or warm house so what's the difference?

I did that the last two times I calibrated the IMU...It did no harm to mine and my phantom seems to warm up quicker after I started doing this...But I don't understand how it will fix his problem...

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
Most probably a stuck IMU. Pop the top off the phantom and give it a gentle but deliberate tap from the same side as the impact occurred on.

And don't fear the fridge assisted cold IMU calibration. I left mine in the refrigerator for two days once when I forgot about it. The only issue is you may, as I experienced, get an altitude reading error if flying in a significantly warmer ambient temp.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic