imu calibration

Reaction score
I have a brand new out of the box dji profesional 3.
Everything lights up and and is connected to the controller but no video feed.
It says the IMU needs to be calibrated but wont let me press the calibration button.
Will not let me calibrate the compass either.
It just sits there will all the lights and beeping.
Please Help.

Will it let you do a stick calibration under rc settings in app

I just tried the stick calibration but it wont end it just says to move sticks rapidly to max in all directions, I did that for about 5 mins but it wont finish.
How long is it supposed to go on for?

Here is the main screen Im looking at.

Attachments

• IMG_0811.PNG
    IMG_0811.PNG
    548.9 KB · Views: 127
I just tried the stick calibration but it wont end it just says to move sticks rapidly to max in all directions, I did that for about 5 mins but it wont finish.
How long is it supposed to go on for?
Yip move sticks in direction of forward backward left right couple times ,go down to gimble wheel turn left and right couple times and press done or Finnish,, what ever shows,,it wont complete or save until complete proceedings done,,,,,this in turn makes sure all sticks are set to 100%,,if they not it might not let you do calibrations or fly,,,,also since no transmission try relink under rc settings also,,this can sometimes establish the live link back,,,since this new drone if these simple steps not work its possible there could be a issue,,
The p3p is know to have a image transmission problem,,search it will bring up heaps of posts,,your not alone here so dont panic

Reactions: JoBe
It wont let me finish the stick calibration.
Ok delete and reinstall the dji app,,if it still fails all calibrations you try it be best to contact or return for exchange one,,I know this sux but if all are failing there's a issue with it,we can trouble shoot all day long and get no where,it be your best option,,
Anyone else think the same on this,,just my opinion, hey I could be wrong but if cant calibrate there's real issue going on and you don't expect this when buying but it does happen,,I call it now the luck of the draw if you get a good one off the shelf

Yip move sticks in direction of forward backward left right couple times ,go down to gimble wheel turn left and right couple times and press done or Finnish,, what ever shows,,it wont complete or save until complete proceedings done,,,,,this in turn makes sure all sticks are set to 100%,,if they not it might not let you do calibrations or fly,,,,also since no transmission try relink under rc settings also,,this can sometimes establish the live link back,,,since this new drone if these simple steps not work its possible there could be a issue,,
The p3p is know to have a image transmission problem,,search it will bring up heaps of posts,,your not alone here so dont panic
It wont let me finish the stick calibration.

Did you reinstall app to try,,or wont it exit,,turn all off turn back on will clear it

I deleted the app and reinstalled, when I opened stick calibration it was still stuck and wouldnt let me press the finish button.

I deleted the app and reinstalled, when I opened stick calibration it was still stuck and wouldnt let me press the finish button.
Welcome to the forum.

Most times that someone says they could not complete an RC calibration it’s because they did not finish all the steps including the scroll wheels. Have you done the scroll wheels?

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
Here is the main screen Im looking at.
As was noted, no image transmission is a common problem with P3Ps especially. When it occurs, it is often due to overheating the gimbal main (top) board by having it powered up too long with no airflow. Also, we see it after long periods of inactivity.

My guess is that one or the other has happened to you as well. @ianzone suggested that you search for those posts and I agree. I’d expect that your LOG_AB file will show modules 8/15 as “device not detected.” More general tips can be found here.

We also often suggest the no image transmission troubleshooting chart developed by @quaddamage

Last edited:
Yeh being stuck in on calibrate cant Finnish is a new one,my opinion..I would return it straight away,its obvious something is amiss with this drone,they all should work out the box or take it back for a exchange one,if from store dont let them say we have to send it off for repair,just exchange, they have to unless they have no stock

Yes, it's easy to forget to move the gimbal wheel...for me anyway...

Brand new, out of the box? Take it back!
You say it sits there will all lights flashing, what are the back lights on the drone flashing? What lights do you have on the RC?
Not sure it would help but can you " re-set" the Remote and then re-link it to the drone, see the manual for how to do this.

I have a brand new out of the box dji profesional 3.
Everything lights up and and is connected to the controller but no video feed.
It says the IMU needs to be calibrated but wont let me press the calibration button.
Will not let me calibrate the compass either.
It just sits there will all the lights and beeping.
Please Help.
HI DroneBust83, Welcome the forum!

I still have my P3A. Setup is a little different with the older DJI product compared to the new ones. On your phone you, if you downloaded the DJI Go app from either the App Store (iOS) or the Play Store (Android), you will have the latest version of the app. which may not work properly with an older version of the aircraft, battery, and remote controller firmware. Your P3P is new which means, the firmware is old and factory loaded and needs to be the latest. Trust me, been there. Have loaded the latest DJI Go and things stopped working.

Have you loaded the latest firmware on all (AC, RC, and batteries)? You can get this from DJI, here is the link if you haven't. It's not as easy as the newer DJI drones and sometimes has to be done a couple of times.

Give it a shot, and let us know.

Happy and safe flying

Inno

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31