IMU Calibration

I had experienced the same imu calibration issue with my 3P when the 8 core grey ribbon cable is disconnected from the AC. The imu showed all zero readings and stayed 0% and the AC just wouldn't start calibrating. My guess is a problem with gimbal top board (hardware or firmware) somehow gives me error in imu calibration. View attachment 106245View attachment 106246

If I were you I would resolve the compass error first and redo imu calibration as that's (to me) the easiest way to troubleshoot. Remember to remove any magnetic item near your AC, I once used a bubble level prior to imu calibration as I wanted to make sure my work table is perfectly level but forgot to remove it and I kept getting compass error [emoji4]

After that please copy the two hidden files P3X_FW_Log_AB.txt and P3X_FW_RESULT_AB.txt from your sd card and post them here there are some experienced 3P owners here could give you good suggestions.

How do I get to these hidden files and being I haven’t even been able to get the motors to move and the memory card is new would there be any files I’m running windows 7 computer so some guidance in that area would be great

How do I get to these hidden files and being I haven’t even been able to get the motors to move and the memory card is new would there be any files I’m running windows 7 computer so some guidance in that area would be great
The two hidden files are automatically generated when you attempt to update FW. It doesn't matter if the motors are running or not, these two files record (1) the result of the update and, (2) all FW versions of the 3P modules. These info tells a lot about your AC. To copy these files, insert the sd card (the sd card is located in the gimbal top board) into your pc via a card reader, in pc windows go to "organize" -> "folder and search options" -> in the folder option select "view" -> select "Show hidden files, folders and files". (I'm using windows 7 professional) If I remember it correctly the P3X_LOG_RESULT_AB.txt is located in the root drive and the P3X_FW_LOG_AB.txt is located in the MISC>LOG folder anyway there are only a few folders in the sd card and you can find them with ease. Please copy and attach these two .txt files here. I'm no expert in reading the LOG files but I believe someone in this forum will be happy to help you out.

The two hidden files are automatically generated when you attempt to update FW. It doesn't matter if the motors are running or not, these two files record (1) the result of the update and, (2) all FW versions of the 3P modules. These info tells a lot about your AC. To copy these files, insert the sd card (the sd card is located in the gimbal top board) into your pc via a card reader, in pc windows go to "organize" -> "folder and search options" -> in the folder option select "view" -> select "Show hidden files, folders and files". (I'm using windows 7 professional) If I remember it correctly the P3X_LOG_RESULT_AB.txt is located in the root drive and the P3X_FW_LOG_AB.txt is located in the MISC>LOG folder anyway there are only a few folders in the sd card and you can find them with ease. Please copy and attach these two .txt files here. I'm no expert in reading the LOG files but I believe someone in this forum will be happy to help you out.
I’m sorry if I’m making this difficult but am I in the right place this is all I see is in the top right hand corner I hit hidden items but this is all it does am I missing something here
ADA1C8B8-324C-4F4B-A2FB-38B9EB78DC29.jpeg

If you havent tried to update the FW again and all you did was copy the FW update file to the card then thats all that will be there. You need to insert the sd card back into the camera gimbal and power on the AC to start the update, then the files specified will be written. Make sure to have a small fan blowing on the camera while updating.

No worry I'm more than happy to help (with my limited knowledge) [emoji1] First thing first, please search windows help to make sure you select "show hidden files options". After that if you still don't see the two hidden files you can make the AC to auto-generate the log files by using a very old FW version. Step by step on how to generate hidden log files on your AC... (1) For record purpose, take a snapshot of your current AC, RC, App version in the Go app (2) Format your sd card (3) Go here DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help scroll down to the bottom and download the oldest version i.e. v1.01.8, unzip it and copy the bin file into your sd card, please make sure you put ONLY the bin file into the sd card. (4) Insert the sd card into gimbal top board and power on the AC (do not power on your remote control, GoApp is not needed) Upon power up your AC shall read the bin file and attempt to update FW however it will fail because it is a very old version, what the AC does next is auto-generate the two hidden log files onto the sd card. A VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: PLEASE ALWAYS HAVE A FAN BLOWING AT YOUR AC WHEN UPDATING FW AND ADJUSTING GIMBAL CAMERA SETTING because 3P gimbal top board is susceptible to overheating! Let me know if you have problem at any stage.

No worry I'm more than happy to help (with my limited knowledge) [emoji1] First thing first, please search windows help to make sure you select "show hidden files options". After that if you still don't see the two hidden files you can make the AC to auto-generate the log files by using a very old FW version. Step by step on how to generate hidden log files on your AC... (1) For record purpose, take a snapshot of your current AC, RC, App version in the Go app (2) Format your sd card (3) Go here DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help scroll down to the bottom and download the oldest version i.e. v1.01.8, unzip it and copy the bin file into your sd card, please make sure you put ONLY the bin file into the sd card. (4) Insert the sd card into gimbal top board and power on the AC (do not power on your remote control, GoApp is not needed) Upon power up your AC shall read the bin file and attempt to update FW however it will fail because it is a very old version, what the AC does next is auto-generate the two hidden log files onto the sd card. A VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: PLEASE ALWAYS HAVE A FAN BLOWING AT YOUR AC WHEN UPDATING FW AND ADJUSTING GIMBAL CAMERA SETTING because 3P gimbal top board is susceptible to overheating! Let me know if you have problem at any stage.
Ok I’ve deleted the latest firmware and reinstalled it put sd in ac and the camera did its thing than ac made its static kind of noise one sound than two back to back which is same thing it’s been doing so I deleted sd card and put it in ac blank did the same exact things I erased sd once again and put in that really old file put sd in ac no remote on and same things
B66D55B7-F2B0-446B-B352-2DEDB8898A9C.png

Would my issues be caused by the firmware not getting downloaded correctly?

Ok I’ve deleted the latest firmware and reinstalled it put sd in ac and the camera did its thing than ac made its static kind of noise one sound than two back to back which is same thing it’s been doing so I deleted sd card and put it in ac blank did the same exact things I erased sd once again and put in that really old file put sd in ac no remote on and same things View attachment 106257
The AC version is not shown in your Go app and I don't know why. We don't know what your current AC version is. It seems to me the gimbal top board is unable to read the sd card, though I might be wrong to confirm that, what did you observe the light status above the camera and the beeping sound after you power up the AC with the old version in the sd card?

Would my issues be caused by the firmware not getting downloaded correctly?
FW update is via sd card, I assume you downloaded the bin file and copied it into the sd card and did the FW update as I mentioned earlier. I had personally tried the v.1.01.8 downloaded from the link I provided to you earlier and I was able to retrieve the hidden files so I can say that the file source is legitimate. Please redo the FW update process and observe the light status and beeping sound. As far I know if the sd card can't be read/written we can't access the log files, without the log files there's not enough info to give suggestions.

The staticky noise it makes when reading it did one sound than two back to back and the light blinks greeen for a few seconds than goes solid green

The file says bin and I’ve right clicked and copied and pasted it to sd and drug it over to sd also at different attempts and I’m not getting anything different

The staticky noise it makes when reading it did one sound than two back to back and the light blinks greeen for a few seconds than goes solid green
In this case, which version of FW did you use?

The file says bin and I’ve right clicked and copied and pasted it to sd and drug it over to sd also at different attempts and I’m not getting anything different
Just to make it clear, you shall format the sd card first then copy the bin file into the root directory.

I have just bought a slightly used p3 pro
Was this P3P demonstrated to you as working from the seller? I'm just trying to determine if this issue is new since you began making changes or if you bought the P3P with an existing issue.
when trying to do the IMU Calibration all the sensor boxes are blank
No IMU data at all has normally been a symptom of a couple of things. A common one being bad or disconnected cables from the gimbal top (main) board to the AC. This was suggested to you earlier. Have you already checked that the cables are seated well and not obviously damaged? Are you able to post a very clear photo of the cables above your gimbal top (main) board?
It seems to me that if that light on the AC stays green then the gimbal top (main) board is recognizing the SD card, but I admit that I am not sure about that. @quaddamage does that sound correct to you?

What color is the first light on your RC?
I’m sorry if I’m making this difficult but am I in the right place this is all I see is in the top right hand corner I hit hidden items but this is all it does am I missing something hereView attachment 106252
Seeing that "M" (circled below in red in the snippet from your photo) makes me think that you are putting the FW .bin file in the DCIM folder instead of putting it correctly in the root of the SD card. Can you confirm?

Also, have you had any luck finding your LOG_AB file?
1544641628639.png

Thank you all for taking your time to help me out turns out I wasn’t transferring file to the root of the sd card everything works great took out for a test spin and I am impressed with it thank you once again

Seeing that "M" (circled below in red in the snippet from your photo) makes me think that you are putting the FW .bin file in the DCIM folder instead of putting it correctly in the root of the SD card. Can you confirm?
View attachment 106258

Thank you all for taking your time to help me out. turns out I wasn’t transferring file to the root of the sd card. everything works great. took out for a test spin and I am impressed with it. thank you once again
You're welcome. Glad you got it sorted. :)

Was this P3P demonstrated to you as working from the seller? I'm just trying to determine if this issue is new since you began making changes or if you bought the P3P with an existing issue.

No IMU data at all has normally been a symptom of a couple of things. A common one being bad or disconnected cables from the gimbal top (main) board to the AC. This was suggested to you earlier. Have you already checked that the cables are seated well and not obviously damaged? Are you able to post a very clear photo of the cables above your gimbal top (main) board?

It seems to me that if that light on the AC stays green then the gimbal top (main) board is recognizing the SD card, but I admit that I am not sure about that. @quaddamage does that sound correct to you?

What color is the first light on your RC?

Also, have you had any luck finding your LOG_AB file?
View attachment 106258
are you joking me? you solved this dudes problem because you saw a M in his picture?

Reactions: quaddamage

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20