IMU calibration?

No, this is not normal. But it means you didn’t do IMU calibration correctly.

If you have already performed an IMU calibration, and if the GO 4 app shows no problems under the Sensors page, then its probably a long standing bug in the app. If the "Calibrate IMU" warning goes away (just as "IMU Warming up' does or did"), then you should be good to fly. Why they haven't got this fixed is a question most of us have asked.

Reactions: N017RW
when I calibrate it the warning goes away and the drone flies fine.It has been a little breezy here in south florida lately and the drone wobbles around a bit.Could that have anything to do with the IMU calibration?

IMU cal is a bit temp sensitive. If you cal it in a hotter environment than in presently it can take a while to 'warm up' which I and others suspect is the real warning's meaning.

Cal it inside in the a/c and let it acclimate to the temp before calibrating. Then when outside it will warm up faster and the warning goes away sooner or none at all.

Others suggest put in refrigerator first but that really depends on the temp differentials.

I just read an article about calibrating the imu.On a p4 it says you don't have to move the drone during calibration.On the p4pro you have to move the drone to 6 different positions to calibrate.I have a standard p4 but my ipad tells me to do the 6 different positions.Do I have the wrong app?

I have a standard p4 but my ipad tells me to do the 6 different positions.Do I have the wrong app?
If you have firmware 1.2.602 (or older) installed, the IMU must be calibrated like this:

For firmware 2.0.106 (or newer), the IMU must be calibrated like this:

Reactions: jpbroomfield
I'm flying with 1.3.509 which would be after 1.2.602. That's why I'm confused. Do you mean 1.3.602?
The OP and I are referring to a P4.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West