IMU Calibration….

I swapped the FC Board and IMU error went away but now i have the Aircraft Warming up warning now. This has prevented me from flying again cause it has been warming up now for twenty mins or so and has not switched to ready to fly? I have tried this 3 times now.....Im stumped all over again???? Im afraid to try the IMU calibration steps again for fear that it will result in the same situation i was in before?
Ok that's good start,did you end up trying IMU calibration steps again ?------dont do IMU calibration if drones warm already,wait till fully cold,just like outside temp that you will fly in or warm up will take a while if IMU done when over cold.
Being flight controller it's a main component that controls alot,really needs to be done.
MUST remember this FC from another drone and without calibration it to your system could explain it stuck on warm up,well hope that's the case.
I wish info popped in my head like it used to ha,
In app in Advanced settings what do sensors show,are they green,2 IMUs but work together,
still thinking on long warm up but will dig into that if the IMU dont correct it
Yip hour waiting far to long to fly ,shut it down if waiting more than 90sec or it just get hot inside which just remind me to ask about your internal fan on the p4 after goin back through this thread where you say it's not goin when first powers up,it should be going from first power on till you turn the drone off so have a listen to it,,I think that's why I stuck one in bits for you incase yours was damaged in the fall ,if its goin when you turn drone on it's ok but no good if it's on the way out
I check back soon

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: RodPad
Ok that's good start,did you end up trying IMU calibration steps again ?------dont do IMU calibration if drones warm already,wait till fully cold,just like outside temp that you will fly in or warm up will take a while if IMU done when over cold.
Being flight controller it's a main component that controls alot,really needs to be done.
MUST remember this FC from another drone and without calibration it to your system could explain it stuck on warm up,well hope that's the case.
I wish info popped in my head like it used to ha,
In app in Advanced settings what do sensors show,are they green,2 IMUs but work together,
still thinking on long warm up but will dig into that if the IMU dont correct it
Yip hour waiting far to long to fly ,shut it down if waiting more than 90sec or it just get hot inside which just remind me to ask about your internal fan on the p4 after goin back through this thread where you say it's not goin when first powers up,it should be going from first power on till you turn the drone off so have a listen to it,,I think that's why I stuck one in bits for you incase yours was damaged in the fall ,if its goin when you turn drone on it's ok but no good if it's on the way out
I check back soon
Tried the cold method..failed, tried room temperature..failed. I just cant catch a break. I am almost at the point of giving up on this freaking thing. Its been consuming all my energy for the last month and a half im going nuts.

Now im back to square one, now its telling me that IMU calibration needed just like where i was before swapping FC board. This is freaking crazy.

Attachments

• 6B1DF95B-25E8-4412-A80C-6BE72CEAF6E7.jpeg
    6B1DF95B-25E8-4412-A80C-6BE72CEAF6E7.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 49
This is as far as i got with the calibration with cold method and room temperature. I need major guidance with anyone who has gone threw this nightmare…

Attachments

• 19C7E6C4-52F4-4E7F-B685-57C59FD2C326.jpeg
    19C7E6C4-52F4-4E7F-B685-57C59FD2C326.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 51
  • 00E3E3E8-F6BD-4989-9585-D75A5515C42C.jpeg
    00E3E3E8-F6BD-4989-9585-D75A5515C42C.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 53
Well that got me outa bed,
When doin IMU, the drone indicator lights flash fast green to show it's ready for next step,is that happen,can move to next step as soon as this happens instead of waiting for app steps to change position if that part bit slow,waiting can cause a fail from what I just read ,,Its strange how the 2 FC boards are doin this fail,,
This screenshot of a post with same symptoms show the start of the 6 step with drone on its side to start ,,,try this crazy method,has worked for some,
I know we not had this before since the error 13 was gone and it was stuck warming up but IMU calibration has to be done,,that fail severely piss's me off also ,not sure if gimble board has anything to do with it but seems shock of the fall has done something,,,,
Try that crazy calibration method with drone on side at start and see what happens ,doin nothing today do looks like I'm searching to fix this,
Sorry again for going backwards on this but could mean something else ain't right if both boards give same error 13,,,,,what's aircraft status say,,What does sensors page show,,IMU ,is it working ?
Just add your not alone having this issue after quick search so me make coffee and I'm goin searching,,, I be back
Sure be good to hear what others think,,,seems when I log in everyone disappears ,
I didn't even want to come back here because of that so duno what's up,,only trying to help
Screenshot_20230605-081846_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230605-081824_Chrome.jpg

What do you see when in sensors page ? Does it show IMU working ?picture example
Screenshot_20230605-094955_Photos.jpg

How's firmware? You mention that in early post ,,this too can cause IMU fails
Screenshot_20230605-100142_Chrome.jpg

Im gonna try all this again...Have tried it before all these swaps so i dont think this is gonna work....cross my fingers..no blinking green also.
Tried again and failed. I just ran update, so gonna let it cool down a half hour or so and give it another try. This is freaking me out….The calibrate progress quit where i took the picture of it. Cant seem to get past that point in all attempts.

Attachments

• 461FAF5F-5DA2-4579-A8C6-2863ADF1C939.jpeg
    461FAF5F-5DA2-4579-A8C6-2863ADF1C939.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 48
  • B98C69B4-1407-494B-A086-6C956D50F6AD.jpeg
    B98C69B4-1407-494B-A086-6C956D50F6AD.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 45
  • 5D6F409D-2D4F-4E1A-A02C-C02B348DE792.jpeg
    5D6F409D-2D4F-4E1A-A02C-C02B348DE792.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 39
  • 7034DBCD-5AF8-48BE-AA01-7355882D3883.jpeg
    7034DBCD-5AF8-48BE-AA01-7355882D3883.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 53
  • C8A87921-762C-4F53-B6C6-DC8F72EE964A.jpeg
    C8A87921-762C-4F53-B6C6-DC8F72EE964A.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 42
yeh during each step in calibration the drone lights should fast flash green to show that step complete, your picture of IMU show its yellow which ok but not green where they normally are but it is working but telling you to do IMU but failing before it starts,,,same results with different cam ,sorta guides me back to digging deeper into those ribbon cables that go to the FC board,and I know reopening shell gets old pretty quick
,,,I say ribbons because there is only metion of the gimble ribbon cable replacement, FC and ESC ribbons might be worth looking at and I sure I give one in spares to try so dont buy none

It does not surprise me that maybe shock damage gone further than originally thought which why I mention at start of post "did it land on a pillow" because of the lack of damage from fall,those boards and grommets only stretch so far ,ribbons might look good but are definitely fragile ,
I to is getting stumped on this so I go try find out more

I will split the shell apart again in the morning. Now that i have gotten over the fear of doing it the first time this shall be easier to do a second time. I will update you when i do this...Thank you for your knowledge and support. Wish me luck.....im gonna need it...he he

Sorry to be late getting back. The external fan I mentioned is a house fan or whatever to keep the gimble cool during firmware updates, or any time the drone is on without props turning for extended times. There should be some previous post concerning this issue and possible damage it can cause. Good luck, hope you solve this.

Sorry to be late getting back. The external fan I mentioned is a house fan or whatever to keep the gimble cool during firmware updates, or any time the drone is on without props turning for extended times. There should be some previous post concerning this issue and possible damage it can cause. Good luck, hope you solve this.
Thanks, I sure wished there was someone on here that has experienced the same problem i have had with the IMU not wanting to calibrate. I surely cant be the only one that has had this difficult a time with trying to figure this out. Of course with my luck, i am probably the only one.. he he

Thanks, I sure wished there was someone on here that has experienced the same problem i have had with the IMU not wanting to calibrate. I surely cant be the only one that has had this difficult a time with trying to figure this out. Of course with my luck, i am probably the only one.. he he
If you followed all the suggestions Google has to offer under ‘Phantom 4 IMU fails to calibrate’ I don’t know what else to try. Fails to calibrate are similar for other models as well.

Yip I been reading and searching for weeks,probably read everything out there,
Most just go on about calibration process and no real fixes apart from some changing the FC board ,only work for some due to every circumstance different but sure is common,sure my hair gone more grey since this thread started lol and not even mine,Not even DJI knows without sending it in ,and they hardly share the info on it,when phantoms not right oh they know how to do your head in,
Seen lot of crashed drones and had my own free fall ,seen how my ribbon cables got ripped and pulled out as to why I gone back to this area,FC board I sent was from a working drone which I had for parts and I think it's been plugged up with existing ribbon cable which I hoping is bad,sure hope can get this sorted ,
Also calibrate your gimble since it been off,do compass aswell just to make sure it good,(just since legs might have stretched a bit ) turn off wait 30min,then try imu

Once again, Ianzone has come through in flying colors. You were absolutely right to have me split the shell and check the power ribbon to the FC. I don't know how but i missed this very important ribbon that was damaged in the crash. It appears to be burnt along the slim power line inside the ribbon. Can't figure out for the life of me how this happened. You have helped me sooooo much and this forum is lucky to have pilots like you with your knowledge on here for newbies like me. Thank you..Thank you… Thank you. I dont know if would have been able to go through another IMU failure without loosing my marbles…Please continue to post and help people like myself who need support for things we just don't quite understand the complexity of these Aircraft. Now im ready to tear anyones apart and fix them up…he he.

Attachments

• 4D4D8F7D-72D3-4275-88BF-C6D268178860.jpeg
    4D4D8F7D-72D3-4275-88BF-C6D268178860.jpeg
    840.1 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Once again, Ianzone has come through in flying colors. You were absolutely right to have me split the shell and check the power ribbon to the FC. I don't know how but i missed this very important ribbon that was damaged in the crash. It appears to be burnt along the slim power line inside the ribbon. Can't figure out for the life of me how this happened. You have helped me sooooo much and this forum is lucky to have pilots like you with your knowledge on here for newbies like me. Thank you..Thank you… Thank you. I dont know if would have been able to go through another IMU failure without loosing my marbles…Please continue to post and help people like myself who need support for things we just don't quite understand the complexity of these Aircraft. Now im ready to tear anyones apart and fix them up…he he.
Thank you sir for kind words,ha yep I'm persistent in getting to the bottom of things and just come back to check on this
SO the big question ☆ does everything work now ? ☆
I see you look at other crashed p4 (I did to) sure was a good deal who ever got it ,that's what I been looking for also,top $$ for anything here,broken or not,

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20