IMU Calibration….

After a week of trying all the tricks, nothing is getting me in the air…Help , im desperate
perhaps telling us more about the issue would get you more answers

Reactions: Mark The Droner
OK, Trying to calibrate the IMU. After about 4 mins. it flashes error (IMU 1: IMU 2: Calibration failed. Cannot calibrate at current temperature (error code -13). This has been the status for about a whole week now in ice cold temp, room temp, and all the other poster's tricks and idea's. All i did to the drone was replace the camera gimbal power ribbon and i did use an OEM DJI ribbon. Im so frustrated and stumped that i can't figure this out?

OK, Trying to calibrate the IMU. After about 4 mins. it flashes error (IMU 1: IMU 2: Calibration failed. Cannot calibrate at current temperature (error code -13). This has been the status for about a whole week now in ice cold temp, room temp, and all the other poster's tricks and idea's. All i did to the drone was replace the camera gimbal power ribbon and i did use an OEM DJI ribbon. Im so frustrated and stumped that i can't figure this out?
I got rid of the first two errors..(Main controller data error and Data recording error) by replacing the 4 gb card on the board. Now trying to get the IMU to calibrate but this is as far as i am getting with the error popping up after running for about 4 mins.

Attachments

• 3E8ED7A2-CC6F-44B7-A1C0-0635C34A4876.jpeg
    3E8ED7A2-CC6F-44B7-A1C0-0635C34A4876.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 59
  • 3DCCBCB0-4DCA-40BA-9236-A15B18EAFB0C.jpeg
    3DCCBCB0-4DCA-40BA-9236-A15B18EAFB0C.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 56
  • F6C5D954-5C9B-45A6-8058-3D151B0A7FFC.jpeg
    F6C5D954-5C9B-45A6-8058-3D151B0A7FFC.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 56
A bit more information would help.
Aircraft history? Original owner…… ?
Picked from neighbors trash can…..?
Crash repair?

Reactions: RodPad
Is the internal fan running, should hear it. Firmware updates require both the internal and an external fan to stop overheating during the wait without props turning. Possibly something similar with your imu?

Reactions: WV. Rootman
A bit more information would help.
Aircraft history? Original owner…… ?
Picked from neighbors trash can…..?
Crash repair?
Battery fell out at about 80ft in air and free fell to the ground. This was a brand new unit I bought last year that someone never used. The camera hit against gimbal top and pushed it up breaking the screws that hold the dampner. I repaired that and bought a new OEM gimbal flex cable and repaired that. Once i powered it up it was giving me the first two errors. Data logger error and data recording error. I replaced the 4 gb card in the board and it actually let me take off and fly with no problems. I changed battery and turned it on a got the IMU needs calibrating warning. Thats where im at now. Cant seem to get it to Calibrate.

Is the internal fan running, should hear it. Firmware updates require both the internal and an external fan to stop overheating during the wait without props turning. Possibly something similar with your imu?
Fan does not come on right away but it does come on after a few minutes or so.

May be time to get the tools out again.
So I took the camera down and inspected all the power cables and everything looked fine. I tried the recalibrate again without the camera installed and it got allot further than the previous try before it failed again?

Attachments

• 9457492B-A3DE-4BF4-881A-57FD3D307D7D.jpeg
    9457492B-A3DE-4BF4-881A-57FD3D307D7D.jpeg
    849.4 KB · Views: 49
  • E98C3F6C-E690-4A00-B7D7-EF3B67786995.jpeg
    E98C3F6C-E690-4A00-B7D7-EF3B67786995.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 41
May be time to get the tools out again.
Im stumped.. what is the internal and external fan? I only know of the one inside the gimbal housing???

Reactions: RodPad
P4s is out of my knowledge, but I recall something like. Because it wasn't flying and it took so long you should use a an addition fan?

Is this what you meant ?

Rod..

Just out of curiosity, what did the landing gear look like after the 80’ adventure?
The whole drone looks fine, no cracks or breaks. I replaced the rubber dampner inside the camera gimbal assembly and put a new internal 4gb sd card in the slot. It actually let me fly it for 5 mins. or so and then when i took it inside and turned it off then back on thats when i started to get the Calibrate the IMU warning...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl