improving RC signal reception on the bird

Reaction score
Is there a way to improve the sensitivity of the RC 5.8ghz dipole antenna on the Phantom 2 vision+? Would extending the wires improve reception?

There's no practical modification to the OEM antennas to improve overall reception except they be straight and as low as possible on the quad.

You can replace them and there's many options out there if you look around however this requires some skills and patience.

I like the idea of the repeater but until that comes out what can I do?

I'm pretty technically skilled with electronics and my hands

There's no practical modification to the OEM antennas to improve overall reception except they be straight and as low as possible on the quad.

You can replace them and there's many options out there if you look around however this requires some skills and patience.
There is a mo to the OEM antennas on the bird that is told to have great results. Just bring the OEM antennas to the outside of the bird, and instead of putting the sideways, mount them in front and back.
THere are several posts on that.

Hmm.

Not sure I understand.

Not really any better place for a dipole on a P2 than to be oriented vertically and below the a/c to avoid shadowing by the fuselage.

Hmm.

Not sure I understand.

Not really any better place for a dipole on a P2 than to be oriented vertically and below the a/c to avoid shadowing by the fuselage.
I'm talking about the wifi antennas. Normally you loose FPV before RC.
Most people see the message of signal lost and think they have lost RC, but most of the time its only the FPV signal that was gone.

Super.

I'm just going by the OP's info. and question.
It was regarding dipoles.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers