Improve of the altitude of my Drone

Reaction score
Hello I have only had my drone a few days and I was wondering how I can improve the altitude of my drone without opening the controller, I am currently maxing out at 1,100 feet I have two windsurfers attached.

Attachments

• windsurfer far.png
    windsurfer far.png
    236.1 KB · Views: 446
  • windsurfer high.png
    windsurfer high.png
    189.9 KB · Views: 535
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

Why would you need to go higher than 400'-500'? It is unsafe and against the guidelines you agree to when you register.

Have a look at this link - Know Before You Fly

I need to go higher than 400'-500' to get an even better shot and a better view of my property, so any suggestions?

I am considering getting on top of my roof to get a better signal, any other modulations I can make to help with my altitude?

If you lose that drone and it falls out of control from that height its landing area could be several hundred feet away. It could kill some one.

I am considering getting on top of my roof to get a better signal, any other modulations I can make to help with my altitude?

123River1: FAA guidelines clearly state that use of a private/hobby drone is limited to a maximum altitude of 400'. I think you should acknowledge this with the group and recognize the responsibility you assume in operating your equipment. Behavior like operation outside the guidelines is exactly why legislation like the current FAA registration process becomes law. Please exercise these privileges with the understanding that your actions will affect others.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl