Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I recently bought a phantom 2 with a h4-3d gimbal along with an immersion rc 600mW transmitter and a black pearl monitor. First I tried soldering the wires for the immersion and I wasn't getting a great signal at all (first time soldering) and the transmitter eventually just stopped working all together, like it wasn't getting any signal from the phantom. So after all that I bought a new immersion rc with a plug and play cable. I plugged in the plug and play cable to the phantom and then to the transmitter and the transmitter isn't looking like it's getting any signal again. Can anyone help me figure out if it's the cam port on the phantom that's busted or the plug and play cable or the new transmitter? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi, I am not sure if I can help you. I also have a P2 with H4-3D. for about 2 years now. I was never happy with the low quality video transmitter, so I recently purchase a 200mW immersion vid transmitter. The plugs on my drone happen to be the same. So i plug them in...oops, mistake. the power wire and ground on the old VTx was opposite to the immersion vTx. the result was a shorted gadget on the main circuit board near the CAM plug. (i did not have the cable...lack of research..opps). There was a back soot near the CAM port.. I moved forward and replaced the main circuit board and got the plug and play cable for the immersion vTx. I now have a video display on my FPV, but other Drone problems have grounded me. If you want to see would my burnt CAM port looked like...search my posts, I only have one..Blackened CAM port. Hope you do not have to replace the main board.

Hello everyone,

I recently bought a phantom 2 with a h4-3d gimbal along with an immersion rc 600mW transmitter and a black pearl monitor. First I tried soldering the wires for the immersion and I wasn't getting a great signal at all (first time soldering) and the transmitter eventually just stopped working all together, like it wasn't getting any signal from the phantom. So after all that I bought a new immersion rc with a plug and play cable. I plugged in the plug and play cable to the phantom and then to the transmitter and the transmitter isn't looking like it's getting any signal again. Can anyone help me figure out if it's the cam port on the phantom that's busted or the plug and play cable or the new transmitter? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

First thing I would check is if you shorted the power supply to the transmitter. So open the shell and check the components right in front of the CAM socket If L2 is shorted it's best you replace the main board.

2015-01-21_184122_zpsac023198.jpg

Phantom 2 main board.jpg

If L2 is ok then check that the transmitter and the black pearl are on the same band/frequency which for your setup is band F. Next make sure both camera and monitor are on either NTSC or PAL. A lot depends on the antennas you you are using when it comes to the quality of the video signal watch the following video.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Hi, I am not sure if I can help you. I also have a P2 with H4-3D. for about 2 years now. I was never happy with the low quality video transmitter, so I recently purchase a 200mW immersion vid transmitter. The plugs on my drone happen to be the same. So i plug them in...oops, mistake. the power wire and ground on the old VTx was opposite to the immersion vTx. the result was a shorted gadget on the main circuit board near the CAM plug. (i did not have the cable...lack of research..opps). There was a back soot near the CAM port.. I moved forward and replaced the main circuit board and got the plug and play cable for the immersion vTx. I now have a video display on my FPV, but other Drone problems have grounded me. If you want to see would my burnt CAM port looked like...search my posts, I only have one..Blackened CAM port. Hope you do not have to replace the main board.

So what kind of problems are you having with your P2???

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31