Imaging Total Solar Eclipse

Reaction score
Anyone planning to participate in the TSE event. I'm planning to be near the centerline -- P4 up about 200 feet pointed at the land -- not at the sky. Thinking the light changing on land would be interesting. The camera on the P4 is not equipped to handle the extreme contrast. Also, the sun would probably fry the digital sensors. In any case -- it's going to be a great show.

Yea. Hoping for clear skies.
Not planning to image it.

The camera on the P4 is not equipped to handle the extreme contrast. Also, the sun would probably fry the digital sensors. In any case -- it's going to be a great show.
Exactly right.
Also the very wideangle lens is only going to show a small fuzzy blob at best and there's the problem of aiming the camera high in the sky.

I live in the path of totality, Salem Oregon. I'll be flying 3 drones, approximately 80 plus minutes. I contacted DJI and Aurelia , they both indicated using filter lenses, don't lose sight of your drone...and please send video? They, each basically said the same thing. When I asked about sensors, cameras, etc...nothing?

I hope I can do this based on my plan and have some cool video...if not, wife's not gonna be happy
Anyone planning to participate in the TSE event. I'm planning to be near the centerline -- P4 up about 200 feet pointed at the land -- not at the sky. Thinking the light changing on land would be interesting. The camera on the P4 is not equipped to handle the extreme contrast. Also, the sun would probably fry the digital sensors. In any case -- it's going to be a great show.
I

I live in the path of totality, Salem Oregon. I'll be flying 3 drones, approximately 80 plus minutes. I contacted DJI and Aurelia , they both indicated using filter lenses, don't lose sight of your drone...and please send video? They, each basically said the same thing. When I asked about sensors, cameras, etc...nothing?

I hope I can do this based on my plan and have some cool video...if not, wife's not gonna be happy
I
Autel, sorry

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl