I'm planning to get Phantom ver 1. Am i wrong?

travelerX said:
Thanks for all replies :)

I went for some research and I got my new list that i want to buy:
DJI Phantom ver 1.1.1 = $500
Brushless Gimbal: $190
FPV: $270
Battery Pack: $25
GoPro3: 300

all together = $1285.

Apprently I'm thinking Brushless Gimbal should be better than the Vision. And furthermore the FPV range is gonna make the huge difference with the Phantom Vision. What do you guys think? Or should i wait for the Vision without it's own camera? :cool:

Thanks for all replies.

What i'm really concered is the Gimbal. I don't have the budget to get the DJI's Zenmuse gimbal which is $699. I only have the budget for Brushless Gimball or Airly Motor Gimbal.

Does anyone here have own one of the gimbal for DJI phantom and what's your review? Thanks! :D

travelerX said:
Thanks for all replies.

What i'm really concered is the Gimbal. I don't have the budget to get the DJI's Zenmuse gimbal which is $699. I only have the budget for Brushless Gimball or Airly Motor Gimbal.

Does anyone here have own one of the gimbal for DJI phantom and what's your review? Thanks! :D

Save up for a Tarot, you won't regret it.

Gizmo3000 said:
travelerX said:
Thanks for all replies.

Save up for a Tarot, you won't regret it.

But the website helipal.com told me that Tarot is not compatible with DJI phantom? IS that truth?

I have a Tarot 2D gimbal and it works great with the Naza. The only problem is that the Tarot is heavy and cuts flight times by 2/3. If you fly the Phantom and want a gimbal you will need to get larger props and then set up dual batteries for any decent amount of flight time. The list of crap you need to get any decent flight time when you add a gimbal goes on and on.

The Phantom V1 is a great place to start. Once you are ready to move up to an F450 or an F550 you can easily take what you have thrown onto the Phantom and move it over. The Phantom Vision is simply put a dead end money pit.

justsomeguy said:
miskatonic said:
The only problem is that the Tarot is heavy and cuts flight times by 2/3. If you fly the Phantom and want a gimbal you will need to get larger props and then set up dual batteries for any decent amount of flight time.

This is crap advice.

Yes, adding 200 grams (tarot weight) does reduce flight times. However, the Tarot is lighter than many other gimbal solutions.

Claiming that you need larger props and dual batteries is idiotic but considering this tool's other posts it's to be expected.

I have an older Phantom with a Tarot and GP3 and get 6+ minutes of flight time with a Hyperion 2500mAh battery. You do not need a dual battery setup to get decent flight times.

Hi justsomeguy, Thanks for ur advise! so which mean tarot is compatible with phantom. what about the mount? does tarot gimbal come together with a mount for dji phantom? :shock:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers