If you've upgraded to the Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 from a Lightbridge version...

Reaction score
Have you noticed a substantial increase in the quality of the video feed? Occusync is the main reason I'm upgrading, and am interested to hear if the difference in video feed quality is significant. Also, I plan on purchasing the Epson Moverio BT-300FPV Smart Glasses for DJI Drones (FPV/Drone Edition) . Thank you in advance for any insight you can provide.
P.S. If it wasn't for Occusync, I likely would have just saved up for a P4 Advanced as a backup, but the difference in video feed quality between my P4P, and Mavic PP is night and day. The Occusync loses video feed gradually, but the P4P loses and regains video feed on a dime.

Last edited:
I've notice identical behavior between my MP and P4P. Although I can easily go beyond 3mi with my P4P, when using 5.8Ghz AUTO with the P4P, it does exhibit the sudden ups and downs of signal bars, especially when you're beyond a mile and you yaw 360 to pan around in a hover. The Mavic doesn't do that as much, it's fairly solid in a 360 yaw at a 1mi. The Mavic Pro signal is almost linear in signal degradation as you fly out to 3mi, but the P4P can see dramatic swings in signal strength, but rarely losing the video signal. It appears the technology between Lightbridge and Ocu-Sync is apples an oranges, OS is not just a tweak to LB. The OS technology seems to have been developed by a different group in the DJI robotics organization. I say this because right after MavicPro was released, DJI was already producing "ROBOMASTER" receivers, compatible with Mavic Pro. This was demonstrated at NAB 2017, the ability for the video to be received by a separate box, unattached to the RC, and display the drone video on a TV via HDMI. This is where I first saw the ability of Ocu-Sync being connected with more than one receiver. At that time DJI hadn't released information stating the MavicPro could connect with more than one video receiver. Later when their Goggles came out was it advertised for multiple video connections for a MavicPro.

I wish DJI would sell the ROBOMASTER device in the US.

Reactions: Ripper7620
No John, I would not even try those things. I mean BT augmented glasses. For the life of me I do not know why a lot more don't use them. Despite all their problems. I am not sure but I think I do not have the skill to fly so close to things and at speed without the Epson glasses. But they have huge overheating issues in heat and humidity.

No John, I would not even try those things. I mean BT augmented glasses. For the life of me I do not know why a lot more don't use them. Despite all their problems. I am not sure but I think I do not have the skill to fly so close to things and at speed without the Epson glasses. But they have huge overheating issues in heat and humidity.
Someday I hope I can find someone that has those so I can see for myself how the Moverio glasses work. I'm skeptical if they can provide $700 worth of value. I hope I'm wrong.

That is the perennial problem John. Its so odd. Why don't companies have stores, outlets, affiliates or what ever to let people try stuff before they buy?
Anyway the problems you get with the BTs are not ones you will get until you use them in different circumstances.
There seem to be 3 issues.
The cost. I think it is well worth it.
Many experience pixilation especially when the craft is close, it usually goes as you move away. There have been big improvements.
And the worst one, for me at least, is the overheating issue in heat and humidity. No improvements and you have to have workarounds especially in hot countries.

I now hate flying without them. I find it very frustrating having to look down and up all the time and its so difficult to see other devices in bright conditions.

I have a Lightbridge P4P, and an MPP. I also own the RE Goggles. A neighbor just got the P4P V2. We hooked the V2 up to the goggles and were losing signal to both goggles and smartphone at 750-800ft. We hooked the V1 P4P with the usb cable to the goggles and flew out a mile and a half. The image quality in the goggles looked identical between the two as well.

I have a Lightbridge P4P, and an MPP. I also own the RE Goggles. A neighbor just got the P4P V2. We hooked the V2 up to the goggles and were losing signal to both goggles and smartphone at 750-800ft
Wow, that's crazy, I would not have expected that kind of result. I'm still going to give the V2.0 a go, and I hope I'm not disappointed, because my expectations are pretty high.

I have a Lightbridge P4P, and an MPP. I also own the RE Goggles. A neighbor just got the P4P V2. We hooked the V2 up to the goggles and were losing signal to both goggles and smartphone at 750-800ft. We hooked the V1 P4P with the usb cable to the goggles and flew out a mile and a half. The image quality in the goggles looked identical between the two as well.
Same test here with the same results.

Reactions: DKG13CC
Have the BT-300, and love them. My first set took forever to charge, and had bad heat - pixilation problems. Amazon sent new ones and gave me 30 days to return the old ones.

Night and day difference with the new glasses. The problem with the old ones was the usb connection on the control unit of the old ones. That was causing the charge, and the heat problems. I now fly on days in the upper 90s here in Georgia, and have had no pixilation issues at all. I never unplug the usb connection at the control unit. No need to. I just unplug from my P4P controller when I need to charge them. I wish they had not used that mini usb connector on the control unit, and just made it a permanent wire coming out of the unit.

In my opinion, best investment I ever made, well worth it to me. Probably going to sell my 7" Crystal Sky, I never use it anymore.

They are the same, just a replacement for my first set, which were defective out of the box. It was also obvious that mine had been opened, and sent back, then resold as new.

I seem to have Issues with a friends P4P Obsidian using DJI Goggles RE. Height and length restrictions. Anyone got an idea about that?

Have you noticed a substantial increase in the quality of the video feed? Occusync is the main reason I'm upgrading, and am interested to hear if the difference in video feed quality is significant. Also, I plan on purchasing the Epson Moverio BT-300FPV Smart Glasses for DJI Drones (FPV/Drone Edition) . Thank you in advance for any insight you can provide.
P.S. If it wasn't for Occusync, I likely would have just saved up for a P4 Advanced as a backup, but the difference in video feed quality between my P4P, and Mavic PP is night and day. The Occusync loses video feed gradually, but the P4P loses and regains video feed on a dime.
I own the Epson Moverio's, and love them, but if I were you I would wait for the new BT-35E version that allows you to use a third party device (phone or tablet) as the controller. That's currently the most major downfall of the current BT-300 is the antiquated version of Android that they run, as well as no Play Store! Read all about them here: Moverio BT-35E - Epson

I own the Epson Moverio's, and love them, but if I were you I would wait for the new BT-35E version that allows you to use a third party device (phone or tablet) as the controller. That's currently the most major downfall of the current BT-300 is the antiquated version of Android that they run, as well as no Play Store! Read all about them here: Moverio BT-35E - Epson
Thank you very much, I appreciate the reply.

I seem to have Issues with a friends P4P Obsidian using DJI Goggles RE. Height and length restrictions. Anyone got an idea about that?
You have to log in each time if you are using a cable to attach them if I remember correctly. That is with USB I believe, but maybe not HDMI.

You have to log in each time if you are using a cable to attach them if I remember correctly. That is with USB I believe, but maybe not HDMI.

What do you mean log in? To the DJI GO app? I always am...and a USB cable is being used....

RoOSTA

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik