I was almost robbed of my Phantom tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fyod I agree with ya on there shouldn't be a need but there is a need here and everywhere else that I have seen ! After looking at the crime rate in Central Europe after you said you didn't carry or knew anyone that did you might ought to !
Just because you have never been threatened don't mean you will always be that lucky ! I hope you are but the whole world done went mad !

Fyod said:
Marlin009 said:
Fyod said:
I've never owned a firearm and don't know anyone who carries and I can't imagine something like this happening, because I've never been threatened. I'm a US expat in Europe and stuff like this just doesn't happen.
You guys should work on the cause, not having to live in a society where everyone has to carry a weapon to feel safe. the US currently has the largest prison population in the world with 1.5mil people locked up. That's the size of a large city. Something's very wrong.

The size of the prison population has nothing to do with our right to bear arms. Enjoy Europe. ;)

I have nothing against the right, but there shouldn't be a need.

+1

I will fight for the right to carry a gun. I don't however. Yet. I hate to think that we as a society will all need to be armed one day. There should not be a need.

capodrone81 said:
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: say hello to my lil friend!!!!!! concealed carry for the win...I plead the 2nd
dirkclod said:

Attachments

• Hello.jpg
    Hello.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 265
Firstly, glad the OP was able to avoid trouble. Secondly, as this is descending quickly into the contentious debate of firearms, I'll throw this levity into the mix:

(NSFW, foul language, yada, yada)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP3HJVp3n9c[/youtube]

My personal opinion: I hunt, I shoot sporting clays. However, when I see or think of an un-uniformed person carrying in public it makes me uneasy. I have no idea who they are, what their state of mind is, and whether or not they are responsible, level-headed people who, like the OP, take that responsibility very seriously.

ianwood said:
Firstly, glad the OP was able to avoid trouble. Secondly, as this is descending quickly into the contentious debate of firearms, I'll throw this levity into the mix:

My personal opinion: I hunt, I shoot sporting clays. However, when I see or think of an un-uniformed person carrying in public it makes me uneasy. I have no idea who they are, what their state of mind is, and whether or not they are responsible, level-headed people who, like the OP, take that responsibility very seriously.

Ha Ha that was great. nice drone comment at the end

LuvMyTJ said:
Couldn't get past a minute or two of that guy.

Made it a little longer. Clueless douchebag. :roll:

ianwood said:

Hilarious and pretty accurate. I'm sure he pisses a lot of people off, but hell, we should all be able to laugh at ourselves.

Fyod said:
Marlin009 said:
Fyod said:
I've never owned a firearm and don't know anyone who carries and I can't imagine something like this happening, because I've never been threatened. I'm a US expat in Europe and stuff like this just doesn't happen.
You guys should work on the cause, not having to live in a society where everyone has to carry a weapon to feel safe. the US currently has the largest prison population in the world with 1.5mil people locked up. That's the size of a large city. Something's very wrong.

The size of the prison population has nothing to do with our right to bear arms. Enjoy Europe. ;)

I have nothing against the right, but there shouldn't be a need.
You are correct. I think society in General does not care about other people. If they can get something by using leverage instead of working for it, so be it. If they kill, wound or maim someone or get killed in doing it, that is just part of the game. I have carried since it became law in Texas. I lost my boss & several friends in the Luby's massacre in Killeen, Texas October 16,1991. My wife was just pulling in with her secretary & boss when all heck broke loose. That guy stated he has a issue with women in Bell county. Now a days, It seems like a mass shooting or strong arm robbery is the norm. It shouldn't be!
With the technology of these things, people will steal them in a heart beat. You have all heard of all the robberies & all the UAV's that have been stolen. Do you really think a bunch of punks are going to care if they beat you up & take your quad?

Spot on Larry L.

Another consideration is that someone who would steal your quad while you're flying it is not doing it to feed his family, he's doing it to feed his drug habit. They are generally unpredictable with nothing to lose. The OP handled it correctly and in the end the law caught them and everyone went home that night to their families except the criminals.

GoodnNuff said:
ianwood said:

Hilarious and pretty accurate. I'm sure he pisses a lot of people off, but hell, we should all be able to laugh at ourselves.
Lol. I thought he was pretty funny!

ianwood said:

This is exactly why I do not open carry. I think it can really do more harm than good. When it is concealed it is at least out of view of people so it doesnt make them uneasy. Many people are not comforatable around guns and I don't want to make anyone uncomforatable.

Here in New Orleans we are constantly in the running for the murder capitol of the US. There is at least one homicide per day here. There has been a trend here of groups of people from a certain demographic that specifically target white males. They will find a victim and beat them severely and rob them. They get "points" for how many people they beat and rob and it is a game to them. A few of these victims have died. It is bad here, very bad, to the point where calling the National Guard in to help with policing has been discussed.

A liberal talk show host here got jumped and robbed like this in broad daylight on the way to the radio station. He had frowned upon people carrying firearms. He is now taking firearm safety classes.

Police here encourage people to take classes and get a concealed carry permit.

Nobody wants to have to use a gun in self defense. If I had to for some reason I would be haunted for the rest of my life. Better than dead though.

Serious gun owners abide by the rules and safety comes first. Kind of like we talk about here in regards to responsible flying but much much more so. Unfortunatley there are some who dont.

LuvMyTJ said:
Spot on Larry L.

Another consideration is that someone who would steal your quad while you're flying it is not doing it to feed his family, he's doing it to feed his drug habit. They are generally unpredictable with nothing to lose. The OP handled it correctly and in the end the law caught them and everyone went home that night to their families except the criminals.

You are also correct Luv. Last year my daughters team mate lost her 90 year old Grand pop as a 25 or so year old lady broke into his home to rob it. He just was dropped off from a friend & walked into the robbery. He was almost blind could not of seen her to begin with. She beat him so severally & took what she wanted & left him to die. Next day, they found him dead 50 yards from his house where he crawled looking for help. They caught her 6 months later. She had no remorse & she stated she was looking for a fix. He was the type that would of given her money if she asked for it. He was a wonderful man.

ccase39 said:
ianwood said:

This is exactly why I do not open carry. I think it can really do more harm than good. When it is concealed it is at least out of view of people so it doesnt make them uneasy. Many people are not comforatable around guns and I don't want to make anyone uncomforatable.

Here in New Orleans we are constantly in the running for the murder capitol of the US. There is at least one homicide per day here. There has been a trend here of groups of people from a certain demographic that specifically target white males. They will find a victim and beat them severely and rob them. They get "points" for how many people they beat and rob and it is a game to them. A few of these victims have died. It is bad here, very bad, to the point where calling the National Guard in to help with policing has been discussed.

Nobody wants to have to use a gun in self defense. If I had to for some reason I would be haunted for the rest of my life. Better than dead though.

Serious gun owners abide by the rules and safety comes first. Kind of like we talk about here in regards to responsible flying but much much more so. Unfortunatley there are some who dont.
That is pretty scary stuff. We do not have open carry in Texas. They are trying to pass it but I do not know if I really care to open carry. I'm happy with it concealed.

Larry L said:
ccase39 said:
ianwood said:

That is pretty scary stuff. We do not have open carry in Texas. They are trying to pass it but I do not know if I really care to open carry. I'm happy with it concealed.

Florida allows it under certain circumstances but I'm perfectly happy with nobody knowing.

LuvMyTJ said:
Spot on Larry L.

We need a little correction there TJ. It is not a drug habit or a smoking habit. It is an addiction to a drug. I wish the dam news people would get off their a$$es and call it like it is: ADDICTION. Habit has nothing to do with it.

Inevitable the near robbing of your quad would turn into "the gun debate" as you pulled your piece on the blokes......

Here in the UK this is so alien to me. Not judging your laws or rights, just feel glad we don't have the "right" to carry. I live in Birmingham, the second city, crime is relatively high, but I know that even if someone were to try and rob me of my quad, it would end up in a fist fight at worst. If they did pull a knife I'd hand the **** thing over. No one here is gonna pull a gun to rob you of such insignificance. Don't really fancy having a Mexican stand off myself!

But, when I came to Arizona on holiday, first thing on my list was to go to a gun range, loan the biggest baddest full autos, magnums, assault rifles and shoot the hell out of them till my shoulder hurt. Boy was that fun!

pilsburypie said:
Inevitable the near robbing of your quad would turn into "the gun debate" as you pulled your piece on the blokes......

Here in the UK this is so alien to me. Not judging your laws or rights, just feel glad we don't have the "right" to carry. I live in Birmingham, the second city, crime is relatively high, but I know that even if someone were to try and rob me of my quad, it would end up in a fist fight at worst. If they did pull a knife I'd hand the **** thing over. No one here is gonna pull a gun to rob you of such insignificance. Don't really fancy having a Mexican stand off myself!

But, when I came to Arizona on holiday, first thing on my list was to go to a gun range, loan the biggest baddest full autos, magnums, assault rifles and shoot the hell out of them till my shoulder hurt. Boy was that fun!
Lol, I wish it was just a fist fight here too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic