I unlocked the NFZ!!

Reaction score
I did not know. That all you have to do to unlock the NFZ is to hold the toggles down and in until a message appears about Flight restrictions. It asked me if I wanted to apply for Self-Unlocking to access this zone? I clicked yes and followed the prompts and bingo!
IMG_2392.jpg
IMG_2393.jpg
IMG_2394.jpg
IMG_2395.jpg
IMG_2396.jpg

Reactions: Drestin Black
If you’re flying in controlled airspace without getting proper clearance from ATC then you are putting yourself and the industry at risk. I would say that word qualified implies you have clearance/permission from ATC.

Reactions: Rick218
Hi,,, What do you mean by 'hold the toggles down '?

I thought I was the only one who confused by it !! I assumed maybe wrong - he's talking about the control sticks ? But DOWN and IN on both surely is CSC ?

Nigel

Reactions: Bellaflys2016
I'm guessing he meant hold them down and in and KEEP holding them there after the drone starts to invoke the unlock. Haven't run into "locked" location yet myself.

I live in Restricted Zone and I also get requested to fly at the local airport at events - but of course the NFZ prevents use of my P3P ... so i will try this and see what happens ... I assume the P3P will have similar function ..

Nigel

I live in Restricted Zone and I also get requested to fly at the local airport at events - but of course the NFZ prevents use of my P3P ... so i will try this and see what happens ... I assume the P3P will have similar function ..

Nigel

The interesting question is whether or not this actually changes or bypasses anything, or if it simply triggers the regular unlock options.

I live within two miles of class D airspace and my home is in line with runway 12. When I first got my drone I was able to start my motors (without props since I was inside). After DJI upgraded the firmware with the geo fence I was not able to start my motors up anymore. I did get notice when trying to start about unlocking NFZ which I made reference to in a Geo Fencing thread. The motors will not start until you you agree to bear full responsibility to fly in that zone. DJI will send code to unlock. Keep in mind that unless you have received authorization from ATC to fly in that zone YOU CANNOT fly there legally.
We sure don’t want a Gatwick in the USA.

You can only unlock the area flight restriction if you can connect to wi-fi or receive a cell phone text with a code. If you're out of mobile data range or wi-fi then you're SOL. I learned to unlock my P4A+ before leaving home, while I still have wi-fi, since my home is in the same restricted area, close to a rural airport with 0-6 small plane flights per day. l can't even take off in my living room because of it. There's a way to do an advanced unlock of a restricted area before you go there, but I haven't learned how to do it. If you're really close to an airport then DJI Go won't even let you take off without an unlock. If you're further away it will let you take off, but then pops a warning that without an unlock your drone won't fly toward a restricted area during automatic return to home. For me that means if I lose control signal while over the ocean, the drone won't come home, but will only hover in place until the battery is too weak, and then it will auto land in the oean. Bye-bye aircraft. It sucks.

You can only unlock the area flight restriction if you can connect to wi-fi or receive a cell phone text with a code. If you're out of mobile data range or wi-fi then you're SOL. I learned to unlock my P4A+ before leaving home, while I still have wi-fi, since my home is in the same restricted area, close to a rural airport with 0-6 small plane flights per day. l can't even take off in my living room because of it. There's a way to do an advanced unlock of a restricted area before you go there, but I haven't learned how to do it. If you're really close to an airport then DJI Go won't even let you take off without an unlock. If you're further away it will let you take off, but then pops a warning that without an unlock your drone won't fly toward a restricted area during automatic return to home. For me that means if I lose control signal while over the ocean, the drone won't come home, but will only hover in place until the battery is too weak, and then it will auto land in the oean. Bye-bye aircraft. It sucks.

All class B, C, and D airspace surface airspace have altitude restrictions. Depending where your at within that airspace DJI will allow you to crank your motors and fly. See the altitude restriction where you’re at at ArcGIS Web Application if your in the box with zero just locate yourself within any other box with a higher altitude and you should be able to fly. Keep in mind that doesn’t relieve you from having to contacting ATC.

Last edited:
If you’re flying in controlled airspace without getting proper clearance from ATC then you are putting yourself and the industry at risk. I would say that word qualified implies you have clearance/permission from ATC.

That’s open for interpretation. It doesn’t say that qualified to me means I can control my aircraft and I know the rules.

That’s open for interpretation. It doesn’t say that qualified to me means I can control my aircraft and I know the rules.

Just remember that flying within 5 miles of airport for 336 or flying in class B,C, or D airspace for part 107 without contacting ATC is not open for interpretation. I do hope you understand the rules and will abide by them.
All the best to you.

Reactions: Bellaflys2016
Just remember that flying within 5 miles of airport for 336 or flying in class B,C, or D airspace for part 107 without contacting ATC is not open for interpretation. I do hope you understand the rules and will abide by them.
All the best to you.

Yes. I know to keep my AC below the cruising altitude of the AC going and coming from the airport. Plus I don’t have to contact ATC unless I am doing a paid job. Around my house I just practice maneuvering and smooth cinematic filming.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl