I think I made a mistake with choice. Any advice?

I couldn't be more confident with my Standard than I am now. Reliable barely scratches the surface when describing the Standard. Love this thing! Took it out to a huge lake yesterday...flew over 4000' before I brought her back in due to low battery. Crazy cool!:cool:

Never say never have to upgrade :). Haha

However for someone new to this stuff, I think he did the right thing by getting a standard now and if he still interest in this hobby one year from now, I am sure something much more interesting and advanced will be available by then.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I couldn't be more confident with my Standard than I am now. Reliable barely scratches the surface when describing the Standard. Love this thing! Took it out to a huge lake yesterday...flew over 4000' before I brought her back in due to low battery. Crazy cool!:cool:

I love it so much. How did you get to 4000? I got to 978 the it cut off off and my drone came home. Did you use a mod?

Never say never have to upgrade :). Haha

However for someone new to this stuff, I think he did the right thing by getting a standard now and if he still interest in this hobby one year from now, I am sure something much more interesting and advanced will be available by then.

I'll be upgrading in the future most likely when I get paid more than 10 an hour lol. Something from now will definitely be there and who knows, the advanced might be cheaper in the future ;)

I also chopped up some bugs in the air too. Lol. I landed it and my dad was saying "what the hell is that!" Haha. Sorry bugs. I also caught a bee flying close to the camera which was pretty cool

I love it so much. How did you get to 4000? I got to 978 the it cut off off and my drone came home. Did you use a mod?
No mod...stock.

I also chopped up some bugs in the air too. Lol. I landed it and my dad was saying "what the hell is that!" Haha. Sorry bugs. I also caught a bee flying close to the camera which was pretty cool

I know, right?! I sort of giggle when it comes down and lands...and is covered in a bug blood bath! I know, I have issues. :confused:;)

I know, right?! I sort of giggle when it comes down and lands...and is covered in a bug blood bath! I know, I have issues. :confused:;)

Haha xD I just hope I don't hit a bird!!

How is anyone getting 4100' on a P3S ? That's amazing.

As far as making a mistake re: getting a Parrot Bebop instead of a P3S. Really depends what you are looking for. I already have a Yuneec Typhoon Q500+, so I decided to get a Parrot Bebop 2 as my second drone instead of a P3S. Right around the same price, I figured, I already have my BIG drone, so I wanted something different. Went with the Parrot Bebop 2, and I'm completely happy.

I will say this though, it's pretty much just a toy without the Skycontroller, I was getting ridiculously bad results with the Bebop 2 and my iPhone 6+, nowhere near the 300 meters it was supposed to get. Got a Skycontroller, and this thing went really far, lost sight of it (was near a bunch of apartment buildings so tablet froze), I panicked and hit return to home, and like a champ, it did. Only complaint is the camera, not terrible, but not as good as what I've seen out of people's P3S's camera. But as far as distance and reliability, the Bebop 2 is incredibly reliable, not saying the P3S isn't, just stating how reliable my Parrot Bebop 2 is, knock on wood, I've never had an issue. Really a blast to fly, and really fast out in the open.

I've seen people fly 2km in their flight plan (part of the Free Flight parrot app), lose sight of the drone, lose wifi, but the darned thing just continued flying it's flight plan, and finished it coming back to the final spot on the flight plan with no problems. Amazing technology (all GPS drones in my opinion are amazing).

Reactions: Squirrel!
Reactions: Scott99
Does it with the GO app as well. If I remember, I'll do a flight using GO and record it.

Does it with the GO app as well. If I remember, I'll do a flight using GO and record it.

Will Litchi give me a more video feed on my phone to where it's not extremely buggy and the image freezes?

I don't believe Litchi increases any reception, either in video or RC. At least it has never seemed to me like it does.

Litchi is worth it because you can use other non-OEM batteries and the Way Point is just superb.

But GO works well too, just gotta use OEM batteries.

ZERO mods...100% stock.

I don't believe Litchi increases any reception, either in video or RC. At least it has never seemed to me like it does.

Litchi is worth it because you can use other non-OEM batteries and the Way Point is just superb.

But GO works well too, just gotta use OEM batteries.

What are the best aftermarket batteries that aren't garbage?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers