I saw something interesting while going to Cranesville swamp, WV.

Reaction score
My family and I went for a drive. We stopped at Swallow Falls Md. and crossed back over to Cranesville, WV. While in Maryland we stopped at an over look. My wife saw something in a farmer's field and asked me to fly over to see what was in the field. She couldn't make out what it was. Yes Lord, it was the woman you gave me, she made me do it.
DJI_0805.jpg

DJI_0800.jpg

The patterns at Cranesville swamp are interesting also. It is owned by Nature Conservancy. In October 1964, the site was designated as one of the first National Natural Landmarks in the country. The swamp is also home to the southernmost natural community of American larches. This is the board walk into the cranberry bog.
DJI_0816.jpg

Left is WV. and right is MD. In between is beaver, porcupine, carnivorous and rare plants. All is free, void of crowds for your enjoyment as are most things in WV.
DJI_0820.jpg

This was my take off and landing spot. I got a very short video of a beaver here.

DJI_0822.jpg

Go wife, nice nudge. That's pretty cool and it wasn't done by aliens, just church folk...some of which, just might be aliens but I'm not sure about that yet...lol...

Grandad's Apples in Hendersonville, NC does a maze in a very large corn field every year for Halloween. I've made several photos for them. Different theme each year. Spider, Bat, Spider web etc.
Nice photos, thanks for sharing.

My family is from Asheville and I've heard about that in Hendersonville but haven't seen one. Post a few if you still have them.

Reactions: WV. Rootman
Go wife, nice nudge. That's pretty cool and it wasn't done by aliens, just church folk...some of which, just might be aliens but I'm not sure about that yet...lol...
I know where you are coming from. It would be nice if some church folks didn't act like aliens, but just good God loving people.

Reactions: RobH2
Yeah, start a new post or post them here. I would like to see them.

Yeah, start a new post or post them here. I would like to see them.
This is the only one I have on my cell. I'll see what I have saved and post. There is also a full sized John Deere tractor on top of the silo.

Attachments

• Grandads_Maze2.jpg
    Grandads_Maze2.jpg
    942.6 KB · Views: 220
I know where you are coming from. It would be nice if some church folks didn't act like aliens, but just good God loving people.
This is the only one I have on my cell. I'll see what I have saved and post. There is also a full sized John Deere tractor on top of the silo.
I guess as high tech as tractors are these days, you can do these by watching yourself drive on GPS and just follow a sketch. If you had a large GPS display you could even overlay it with a piece of acetate with your outline on it and just drive lines. I'd like to know how they actually do them. I also image it's one place where flying drones over the farm is encouraged instead of being greeted by some wacky guy in overalls and a shotgun yelling at the sky.

I have a friend who was flying a farm survey for a farmer when all of a sudden another farmer came out yelling and shooting into the sky. He shot the drone. Turns out, the client (farmer) forgot to tell his brother that he was having the farm surveyed by drone...Oooopsy!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1