I didn't know army corp of engineers didn't allow drones.

Reaction score
We took a drive today and came to a roadside park. They had a ball field and a cool little water falls in the park. I pulled around to the parking area to view the falls. I sat on a bench to get my p 4 set up and my wife and daughter took a walk around the park. I opened up air map and it was all clear to fly. We were in the sticks anyway. No one was around. I made a pass over the falls and my wife come screaming. She was yelling this is a no fly zone. She saw the sign at the ball field area. We were about 2 miles from a reservoir and this place was under the army corp of engineers. I didn't know they were a NFZ. It wasn't on air map. This was a very short video, 36 sec. Green bars were bugging me. Why, at a couple hundred feet?

Last edited:
I was just reading some of the U.S. Army Corp. of Engineers items about drones and they do post about not flying around lakes and dams under their jurisdiction due to "critical infrastructure" and some other stuff. I never thought about some lake with an earthen dam, but I know some are under their control so there goes the lake aerials. They do mention "One can apply for a permit at the local office" which probably carries a hefty price tag, along with a week or two of trying to find the person in charge to sign off on it.

Some of their stuff I read:
"Why are there no designated areas for drone operation within the New England District’s jurisdiction?"
Safety – Drones pose a potential hazard to visitors due to malfunction or negligent operation.
Security – Drones could be used criminally against visitors or critical infrastructure.
Visitor experience – Drone noise and movements could pose a nuisance or privacy concern, and negatively impact the experience of other visitors.

Soon we will not be able to fly anywhere it seems. :(

I was just reading some of the U.S. Army Corp. of Engineers items about drones and they do post about not flying around lakes and dams under their jurisdiction due to "critical infrastructure" and some other stuff. I never thought about some lake with an earthen dam, but I know some are under their control so there goes the lake aerials. They do mention "One can apply for a permit at the local office" which probably carries a hefty price tag, along with a week or two of trying to find the person in charge to sign off on it.

Some of their stuff I read:
"Why are there no designated areas for drone operation within the New England District’s jurisdiction?"
Safety – Drones pose a potential hazard to visitors due to malfunction or negligent operation.
Security – Drones could be used criminally against visitors or critical infrastructure.
Visitor experience – Drone noise and movements could pose a nuisance or privacy concern, and negatively impact the experience of other visitors.

Soon we will not be able to fly anywhere it seems. :(
If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around, did it make any sound? If I fly my p4 and no one is around......... lol No one and I was in the sticks.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj