I really enjoying flying at night

Video isn't bad and photos aren't the best (I need to lean the settings for that) but I really enjoy flying at night. I like seeing things lit up. Especially Christmas displays this time of the year.

Hey I like to do that to [emoji4]. About 5 months ago I went out to the street around 11 at nite. I’m still a novice at this,but, I figured that since I knew what to stay away from, and flown a lot there, I would take it easy and get some nite time flying in. I hit a line that was lower than 12ft. 14ft is the legal limit. I crashed and didn’t get it fixed. I did manage to get another p4. Upgraded it to a p4p for what I paid for the p4 that crashed. The point is, b extra careful flying at nite. It’s what you don’t see that gets you. Not that your skills aren’t there, not even a question of ur skills, just seemingly out of nowhere, they hang their lines everywhere. Have fun. Looking forward to seeing some of your pics on this here site [emoji847]...

I never have flown my P4P at night... is there anything in the settings that you need to set differently from day flying? Or, just take off and go? In particular, I'm concerned about the vision system... does it need to be disabled at night?

I never have flown my P4P at night... is there anything in the settings that you need to set differently from day flying? Or, just take off and go? In particular, I'm concerned about the vision system... does it need to be disabled at night?
Vision based collision avoidance doesn't work at night, but you don't have to disable it unless you want to. My advice is to always know the flight territory in the daytime before flying it at night. Learn what your highest object is and always fly higher than that, because it's next to impossible to see much, as you fly to your target POIs.

The primary reason to fly at night for me is to take long exposure photos of city lights. So, before you go up, learn how to quickly access the camera shutter speed and aperture settings. This will help organize and rehearse your thoughts when flying and want to take photos. Start off with 1 second exposures over city lights, then 2 seconds at different aperture settings. With no wind you should get a few nice shots if there is no wind. The P4P is an amazing craft for this.

Reactions: John Ericks
6303faea38a38b0c98b3e79967ac59c8.jpg
I go out at night occasionally [emoji4]

I shot the supermoon we had a few weeks back too. Orion’s belt is visible to the top right of the take, while the Dallas skyline sits below

c8e380e1b631ec74c9b1be6567c7738e.jpg
2393f7655b17191cff81e3ab9ebeef24.jpg
a3a9d6efd3f2d9641d3675175f800b27.jpg

Reactions: John Ericks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing