I really don't feel safe to buy...

@AbsPapa,
My comment was only to the OP of this thread.

Not for you to debate, or anyone else's... ;-)

Please Don't go away mad, & eh, don't let the swinging door hit you on the way out. Too hard. Hehe

But do Take your rotten apple box with you..

It's too easy, to be nasty... Much more work to be-have...

We Hope the OP likes the hex...

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Jstic
I have had a phantom P2 vision + for about 14 months. In that time, I have had two batteries fail and require replacement, though without failing in the air. I had a Wi-Fi module go bad that had to be replaced. I purchased a gimbal saver for my second gimbal, which I destroyed by dropping the Phantom. I purchased a tracker, which I used until I purchased a Flytrex live unit. I upgraded my controller with the tilt wheel mod. i also modded the shield over the GPS puck, and wrapped the cable, and secured the cable to the circuitboard.I also spent money on upgraded antennas.
All in all, I would do it all over again. The Phantom is a stable platform for shooting aerial video, with excellent results, and reliability. This is a flying machine, really a robot, That requires some level of education and practice to fly safely.

Just back from flying 4 batteries, all over water! Small lake north part of town. I've been almost 4 weeks now learning to fly.......... 82 flights, almost 10 hours, 357,567ft, etc. think I'm finally ready to start taking video and photos!!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

Nope it's not just you my ps2 vision plus fell out the sky last week all the motors went dead and it's out of warranty so money just went like that. I'm looking at the 3dr drone they seem to be a it better but am just doing some researching at the moment to see what else is out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The solo? A guy on YouTube had one. Didn't like the way it flew n no gimbal. Do a lot of research!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Nope it's not just you my ps2 vision plus fell out the sky last week all the motors went dead and it's out of warranty so money just went like that. I'm looking at the 3dr drone they seem to be a it better but am just doing some researching at the moment to see what else is out there

I feel on the loss

but how can anyone say it seems to be better when no one is flying them in any comparable numbers and flight hours.

Phantoms---years of flights and use by hundreds of thousands of owners
3DR just hitting the streets.

no fan boy of anything but lets see in a couple years.
I have Hundreds upon hundreds of flights with my 2 phantoms the last 6 months. I have updated gps , foil etc just because it was silly not to. Also buying Limefuel batteries rather than oem, I trust them better. I have crashed and used up my share of props but each was me.

Having said that I truly expect my cheep backpack cases to outlast my drones.. lol

Even with some of the minor issues that have popped up with the p3s and most of them being firmware issues which are all fixable and most are not even any thing thats to big of a deal and just minor bugs.

But so far the p3 seems WAYYYYYYYYY less problem pledged as most all other phantoms before it have been.

Its almost like its an entire new animal other then the shape being the same and the sticks on the remote working the same way as on the p1s and p2s

If there is one model to NOT be scared away from its the p3

and just to be clear I have had every model phantom there is other then a pv plus. and I'm not usually ever a cheer leader for dji products.

But as far as being able to tell you to buy one or not. I cant make that decision for you. Being I dont know your financial situation and I also dont know what it is you want one for or not. Like if you want it for good quality aerial film and photos and can aford it then Go for a p3 pro If you still want good video and pics but dont need to go full blown 4k videos but only have the budget for a p3a then get one of them... BUT if you just want some thing that is fun to fly and dont care so much about the video and stability of the p3 and have a small budget of disposable income to plop down on a p3 Then just pick up a cheap p2 or p2 vision.

Tho I will give one good warning to ANY one thats even considering getting in to the hobby. Its addicting as hell Tho much cheaper then even a cheap small drug habit.

The solo? A guy on YouTube had one. Didn't like the way it flew n no gimbal. Do a lot of research!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
I was all on board the solo train when I watched the first marketing video a few months back. I was 90% never gonna do the P3.. Waited it all out... The solo so far looks terrrrrible. Loving my working P3.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dre203
OK, I have read your whining and dribble but now your just saying stupid stuff.

google dji and drones and LEARN rather than cry.
DO NOT start this up again. Just let it go, it has been dealt with. Thanks.

Honestly, I've been subscribe to this forum for a couple weeks now and I'm really not convince about the aircraft. So many crashes so many problems with random stuff happening mid air and newbies mistakes and then, you have to fight with the dealer, dji, and wait forever if something wrong happens. I seriously don't want to take the risk to throw my money out the window... Is it just me or what?
I bought my P3A and never looked back. I had 1 minor crash. No big deal. I like to push the limits with restraint. You learn as you go. If your to timid for this kind of sport, than you miss out on a lot of fun.

I was all on board the solo train when I watched the first marketing video a few months back. I was 90% never gonna do the P3.. Waited it all out... The solo so far looks terrrrrible. Loving my working P3.

People are being sold on the promise of their 30 money back guarantee and their "if it's the drone's fault, we replace it. It's a nice gesture, yes, but the problem is they're having so many issues that people are quickly throwing it back at them. Another issue is they decided to release the Solo into Best Buy stores and they're being overwhelmed with returns. Thousands of preorders from months ago still have not been fulfilled but people were able to go into a BB and purchase a unit on its release date and they were even handed a free extra battery. Bad idea! I can't put my trust in a company that rushes a product for a hefty price, then not only sale it separately but delay their most important accessory (the gimbal). Anyway, I'm enjoying my P3 at half the price.

People are being sold on the promise of their 30 money back guarantee and their "if it's the drone's fault, we replace it. It's a nice gesture, yes, but the problem is they're having so many issues that people are quickly throwing it back at them. Another issue is they decided to release the Solo into Best Buy stores and they're being overwhelmed with returns. Thousands of preorders from months ago still have not been fulfilled but people were able to go into a BB and purchase a unit on its release date and they were even handed a free extra battery. Bad idea! I can't put my trust in a company that rushes a product for a hefty price, then not only sale it separately but delay their most important accessory (the gimbal). Anyway, I'm enjoying my P3 at half the price.
Agreed. BTW to all solo lovers every single P3 purchased off amazon has a 30 day money back guarantee and it requires ZERO software or flight logs. Just a phone call and they take care of you. Enjoy waiting on your gimbals

Here is a video of my first flight. I've never owned any kind of RC aircraft before. I bought a P3A, completely read everything. Did all of the firmware and calibrations. I had it for 3 days before I attempted my first flight. I am amazed at this machines performance!

Honestly, I've been subscribe to this forum for a couple weeks now and I'm really not convince about the aircraft. So many crashes so many problems with random stuff happening mid air and newbies mistakes and then, you have to fight with the dealer, dji, and wait forever if something wrong happens. I seriously don't want to take the risk to throw my money out the window... Is it just me or what?

Buy one you see only the negative reactions like always. Cracks, bad firmware and so on. Use your brains and think before you go out to fly. Not like some people that are flying with no good rth and then complaining that there phantom whas flying in to the trees.

I crashed mine. No error on the side of the equipment. A switch got flipped disconnecting the assisted flying. It was a pretty significant crash at full speed and it was super easy to repair myself as well very inexpensive. I wouldn't worry about it. The support here is great for such things. That's just part of it.

I crashed mine. No error on the side of the equipment. A switch got flipped disconnecting the assisted flying. It was a pretty significant crash at full speed and it was super easy to repair myself as well very inexpensive. I wouldn't worry about it. The support here is great for such things. That's just part of it.

So don't you have to enable that option in the Pilot app to be able to switch into that mode?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20