I no longer own a drone :( (sort off)

Reaction score
On friday last week I bought a secondhand phantom vision 2, see New dji phantom 2 vision owner (multiple questions) for the questions i had...maybe that green red red was warning? hmmm would be good to know. sadly this forum seems somewhat abandoned for the older drones.

Anyway today I went out on my bike to find a large open area, away from the airport, away from people, somewhere to fly the drone safely and learn how to use it. I found a field with a layby next to it on a road that had no cars, absolutly beautiful spot. I was still unable to get the camera to bind with the extender so I put that gimbal back on it and my Go-pro like camera.

I started off slow, got used to the controls, these are really fun to fly, buzzed over the field, hovered it about 10 feet from me and flew around, then went back up and about.....the footage will look amazing (if i ever get it back).

Then disaster struck, I had it up at what I would guess is 60 or 70 feet and it looked like something hit it, nothing near but one corner bucked then it dropped from the sky, I waded out into the field to where I thought it landed but the crop made it hard going and I was unable to see it, can not keep looking around the field as I may damage the farmers crop, got the name of the land owner and left him a note asking that he gets intouch with me should he find it harvest time.......hope it doesnt do damage to his combine harvester (or what ever is used to harvest these yellow plants) or that will be another bill :(

fairly gutted, certainly can not afford to replace the drone so thats my drone adventure at an end....not a hobby I would recommend to friends

Find my phantom should show the last location of the quad it’s in the app

Green red red means it hasn’t locked enough sats, you need to wait until all greens

Find my phantom should show the last location of the quad it’s in the app

Green red red means it hasn’t locked enough sats, you need to wait until all greens
I was unable to get the app to bind with the camera, I could see the mac address with a WiFi sniffer but it did not seem to bind, the drone came with a custom gimbal that I removed to put the camera back on..... Since I could not connect to the camera I replaced it back with the gimbal..... I lost my go pro like camera too as it was attached to the gimbal...

The app just says no flight data.

Have yet to hear back from the farmer.

In the highly unlikely event I get my drone back, how do i fix green red red? **edit just re-read your post, when i was trying to get the camera to sync up i had that error constantly, must of sat with power for 10 or 15 minutes the day before as i tried all manner of things to get the app to sync...faulty gps unit or my home wifi interfering with it? - at the field I flew it there was no wifi interference and i was still unable to sync with the camera - I did do the compass calibration though it is hard to see the led lights in bright sunlight - before it just suddenly went down it was flying and hovering beautifully, was pretty great flying it and I was really looking forward to seeing the footage so i have to believe it was calibrated.
Also where on earth can we fly these where it is legal, safe and doesn't risk losing a drone?

Last edited:
In the UK (assuming you are) you can fly legally as long as you are away from people and built up areas. Depending where you live, wide open spaces are desirable as a newbie.

As above, red-green-red means not to fly, possibly a damaged gps module prevented all greens.

Hopefully you only paid a couple of hundred pounds for it so not a huge loss.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers